Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 16, 2017, 06:40:45 PM
Or are there more intresting astronomical delights going on at the moment catching your attention ?

If you live in the US this is the event of the year :

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/solar-and-lunar-eclipses-in-2017/ 
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/Eclipse2017.php
(us Europeans have to wait until 2027 ...)

August 21: Total Solar Eclipse

The year's fourth and final eclipse is a very special one. Whenever the Moon covers the Sun, the narrow path of totality can be anywhere in the world — often traversing remote locations. But this year's event is very close to home for many of us, because the 70-mile-wide path of totality stretches from the Pacific to the Atlantic across the continental United States. The Moon's full shadow hasn't passed over any U.S. soil since 1991 (Hawaii) nor across any part of the contiguous 48 states since 1979. Moreover, a total solar eclipse hasn't run coast to coast since 1918!

Totality map :

Chantel McGregor full live concert : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqTpMz0IeF2kjJ2E0ITWhwQn6XdeQTVSo

Windigo

This is a great garage band, alt scene song. Should be in everyone's bailiwick.

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Pete Dero

Made me look up the band and the word bailiwick  :).   

This song feels more garage band to me.

Both songs are earworms.  Thanks for posting.

But when I think of garage bands I expect something more like this :

Windigo

punky... grungy... garage bandy... like'em <:-)
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Pete Dero

Atilla60

It's hard to believe, but this voice is coming from a 20 year old

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 17, 2017, 04:00:18 AM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 16, 2017, 06:40:45 PM
Or are there more intresting astronomical delights going on at the moment catching your attention ?

If you live in the US this is the event of the year :

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/solar-and-lunar-eclipses-in-2017/ 
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/Eclipse2017.php
(us Europeans have to wait until 2027 ...)

August 21: Total Solar Eclipse

The year's fourth and final eclipse is a very special one. Whenever the Moon covers the Sun, the narrow path of totality can be anywhere in the world — often traversing remote locations. But this year's event is very close to home for many of us, because the 70-mile-wide path of totality stretches from the Pacific to the Atlantic across the continental United States. The Moon's full shadow hasn't passed over any U.S. soil since 1991 (Hawaii) nor across any part of the contiguous 48 states since 1979. Moreover, a total solar eclipse hasn't run coast to coast since 1918!

Totality map :

Chantel McGregor full live concert : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqTpMz0IeF2kjJ2E0ITWhwQn6XdeQTVSo

Oh that's a great article , thanks for sharing that . It's a shame you're not in the states to see it in 2017 , I hope you've at least managed to catch one . I remember there was a solar eclipse in the uk a good few years back that happened in Devon/Cornwall if my memory is correct ! It was great to see in the article the track the eclipse will take across the USA :) I've seen a moon eclipse ....hope that's the correct term , it was either the end of '95 or beginning of 1996 . I remember it happened quite late after midnight-ish , I sat in the car with a flask of hot coffee and watched it , honestly it was beautiful and so peaceful , I'm glad I made the effort to see it :) last year I saw Saturn in the sky from where I live ...a lovely little orange dot in the night sky !!!!! Apparently Jupiter was visible as well , but I never made that out . I can't say I have this as a hobby , but it's definately a passing intrest , if I see/hear of something to be seen , I'll go have a look . And where I live , it's well in the countryside with no light pollution , so the night sky is spectacular , some nights the amount of stars in a clear sky is truly breathtaking :) and I occasionally see the odd satalite whizzing through the sky if I have a look up !!!

And on that note , time to stick a dime in the jukebox and play a night sky inspired tune ....... Also thanks for the link :)

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Pete Dero

Quote from: Atilla60 on January 17, 2017, 03:12:54 PM

Wow.  So much good music out there I've never heard of.
Reminds me a bit of Neil Diamond.

bayonetbrant

.SWF downloads when opening certain threads?

We might have it solved
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=17513.msg495555#new
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Windigo on January 17, 2017, 11:16:37 AM
This is a great garage band, alt scene song. Should be in everyone's bailiwick.

That was a great tune to listen to windy , very enjoyable :)

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 17, 2017, 03:25:41 PM

Wow.  So much good music out there I've never heard of.
Reminds me a bit of Neil Diamond.

Totally agree , I love "forever in blue jeans " from Neil diamond , have great memories of being on holiday with that song :)

Wow , this guy has a great voice , and the piano on this song was awesome !!!! Never heard of him before , but I definately will go check out more of his stuff now :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 17, 2017, 03:41:23 PM
.SWF downloads when opening certain threads?

We might have it solved
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=17513.msg495555#new
e

I now know swf stands for small web files  ;) lol

Arctic Blast

BanzaiCat

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 19, 2017, 07:29:25 AM

Nice song B_C , some great Gee-tar playing going on in there , lol  :)

Quote from: Arctic Blast on January 17, 2017, 09:46:16 PM

Blimey Arctic Blast , that girl has a lot of angst going on there !!! :D I thought it was good in places where it wasn't too shouty , lol ,  :)

Pete Dero