Main Menu

Unknown FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, July 12, 2018, 11:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Slash - no, I had a lot of dairy with breakfast.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

paplan

Interesting but somewhat troubling song and video choice.

Jim Morrison had a fabulous voice, and the Doors were a fantastic band.  A few of their songs are still at the top of my playlist.  Love their music.

Not sure about the politics here.  Morrison's father was a top admiral in the US Navy.  A key player in the Gulf of Tonkin, which led the US into the Vietnam War.

I'm not sure how this song was received by the troops on the ground at that time.  On the one hand, Morrison seems to be saying the war is ludicrous, wrong, the unknown soldier should come home.

On the other hand, the song (and video) are making a mockery of the troops in that war.

Not sure how our troops interpreted the song at that time.

FWIW, these issues are personal to me.  My son is a US Marine, and recently returned from a deployment serving security in Syria.

airboy

I bought Order of Battle WW2 - Sandstorm.

BanzaiCat

Some Pavlov's House by DVG.

Also might give Aliens: Colonial Marines a go thanks to Pete Dero's post about the one-letter change to its .ini file that makes the AI work the way it was supposed to.

airboy

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 13, 2018, 02:31:23 AM
Had another mass exodus of people quitting at work and the usual suspects of entitled idiots all taking "stress leave" for 2-3 months so we're desperately short of bodies once again.  Holidays cancelled yet again, last minute schedule changes and all day off requests refused....YAY?  Working nights all weekend now.  Gotta love 96 hour work weeks...

Wow!  That really stinks.  Hope you are at least getting adequate financial compensation.

JasonPratt

GROGPUBLIC UPDATE: got the game board imported in, plus the provinces (with some fixes to properly show maximum allowable provincial fleets/auxs), and now all the random events: 12 for the Birth of the Republic (first few turns), 18 (double-sided) for the main game, 1 for the final few Civil War Era turns.

Here are a couple of event cards, one from the prelude turns (with fan mod art), one from the main game (with Valley Games art), placed in the Forum:

(The Forum's map is just there to give a sense of where the provinces relate to each other. Strictly speaking there is no map-placement, or map-movement -- this is a political wargame, so to speak. Consequently cards in "the Forum" tend to obscure the map, but it's no big deal. Probably there should be a painting of the Senate there instead!)

Events like these are randomly generated and can show up multiple times per game, or never. Other events are historically unique and trigger when dealt out of the Scenario Deck during player turns.

And now I'll have to learn better how to create "decks" in TTS, since as far as I recall all the other cards are shuffled and drawn...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I saw that info on Aliens: Colonial Marines...post impressions!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Kushan

Been playing World of Warcraft all weekend. Finishing up some last minute goals before the pre-expansion patch makes some stuff unobtainable when it releases on Tuesday.

To damn hot to play or do anything else.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

jamus34

Lots of endless space 2 and fallout 4 for me
Insert witty comment here.