Main Menu

War Thunder Thread

Started by republic, November 07, 2014, 07:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 12, 2018, 02:33:42 PM
Some Grog form a Squadron so I can join in - got booted from my old group whilst deployed (think they had a management change, so new boss = "out with the old!") and so need another like-minded group of chaps to frolic about with in my Heinkel and Brumbar.

Dammit Carl!, I wouldn't join any squadron that frolics! Just sayin'  :)

Dammit Carl!

So, how about, "looking for like-minded chaps to gambol about about with in a gay fray amongst the sun kissed clouds and fields in War Thunder," then?

(lol)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Tuna on July 12, 2018, 02:31:00 PM
ugh, I'm probably way behind tier wise. Haven't played in years!

Not a problem.  Once you amass a load of goodies in your hangar, you can throw together custom lists so you can balance your Battle Ranking stat to match your friend's stats.

Carl, sounds FABULOUS!

Dammit Carl!

...and I have to say, that I really hate how I have to re-allocate things in general as WT patches and re-patches (probably wouldn't be as much of a problem if I played consistently, but I take months-long breaks from online only games so...).

Now I gotta make some lions!

Tuna

Hop in last night and everything is tier one.. ok, no problem haven't played in a long time everything's reset.. but then I hop in a battle and all the other equipment is many tiers higher!!!.. Even World of Warships does some kind of protection against that!  :knuppel2:

Dammit Carl!

Git gud.

(says guy rated as "cannon fodder," per War Thunder Assistant app) :)

Destraex

Some shots of me playing the war thunder "knights of the sea" module.
A lot of fun but very bare bones at the moment. Only ships up to cruiser are intended at the moment. A lot of small boats in the mix. So a lot of torpedo boat engagements.

Limited ammunition, including only a limited number of torpedoes. No torpedo lead calculator indicator. Smaller ships in general including torpedo boats. These little boats shot each other up in island environments a little more commonly than BBs in island areas.

Currently you aim by pointing at the target. This gives you a distance. Then you scroll your guns elevation to the distance you actually want to fire based on whether you think the target is closing or moving away. Then of course you have to try to guess how fast your ship is moving and his to estimate lead. The shells fly much more realistically I think than in world of warships. The damage model as you would expect, is much much better than world of warships damage model.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Only just figured out how to use presets. Makes the game crew element cost a lot less!!!

jomni

Destraex

Cyrano

Every time I install that damn thing...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Destraex

I notice they are only gunships :(
A great shame their are no landing missions.

P.S. What ever happened to the nuclear submarine game they had going?

jomni

First plane with air-to-ground guided missile.

jomni

Helicopters are live (well public beta).

jomni

Devs responding to Reddit fallout on the cost of Repair and FPE upgrades for high tier tanks.  They basically gave in to the complaints to some degree.

• FPE will be available to research immediately after repair kit;
  • Repair a friend without parts if you're in a squad or just playing a light tank or IFV;
[li]No RP cap for actions or activity.[/li]

[/list]