Assassins Creed heads to Anceint Greece!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 12, 2018, 10:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

I was already hoping back in the days before AC2 was even announced that it would take place in Feudal Japan.
I mean come on, what's more appropriate for an Assassin game than a Ninja?

Gusington

Tenchu has been around longer than AssCreed.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

^Speaking of...I wish this series would visit feudal Japan. It would be perfect for some ninja on samurai action...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tpek

The game could take place in the Sengoku Jidai, it could follow Oda Nobunaga's rise to power, could possibly allow you to play as a murdering Geisha :P and more...

SirAndrewD

I think they should do World War 2.  It's a such a shockingly unrepresented period in gaming that I think it'd feel like a very fresh take. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

Quote from: SirAndrewD on June 13, 2018, 04:12:16 PM
I think they should do World War 2.  It's a such a shockingly unrepresented period in gaming that I think it'd feel like a very fresh take. 

:DD
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Quote from: SirAndrewD on June 13, 2018, 04:12:16 PM

And what WW2 scraps we've so far gotten are sadly lacking in hoodies and parkour.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

Just curious for those that own Origins, any problem with CPU heat?  Read in a couple places the CPU gets very hot with this game.  Maybe just an isolated issue but seemed some folks expressed concerns.  Still on the fence, last thing I need is the game to fry my new PC:)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ComradeP

Maybe an early 20th century Assassin's Creed could be good, somewhere around the end of the First World War during the First Red Scare or even pre-war during the Balkan Wars, though "assassinations" and "1910's Balkans" might be a bit too touchy as a subject and area.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Tpek

Quote from: ComradeP on June 14, 2018, 01:22:01 AM
Maybe an early 20th century Assassin's Creed could be good, somewhere around the end of the First World War during the First Red Scare or even pre-war during the Balkan Wars, though "assassinations" and "1910's Balkans" might be a bit too touchy as a subject and area.

They made an AssCreed game set during the 1917 Russian Revolution, but unfortunately it was one of their silly little side-scrollers rather than a proper AC game.

Ian C

Assassins Creed set in 1890's -1910's Paris would be spectacular. If you've played Saboteur you'll know why.

Jarhead0331

^what would be so great about that? They have already done late Victorian era London (syndicate) and they've done Paris too (Unity). These also happen to be my least favorite titles in the series and the ones I found most dull and boring. I don't see the draw of the late 19th and early 20th century in this game system.

...and I've played saboteur. I fail to see the connection. That took place in the 1940s with WWII as the backdrop.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I liked Syndicate to a certain extent because I love the era, but the game got a bit bloated and 'samey' - a little moreso than other AssCreeds. I stayed away from Unity because of the horrific launch but will pick it up now that a few years have passed. Never played Saboteur.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd