Seven Years War mod

Started by Philippe, November 04, 2018, 02:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

I've decided I don't like the 2D terrain in JTS Seven Years War so I've put together a little mod that harmonizes it with my Napoleonic mods.

The problem with the terrain in the release version is that although it's readily apparent that hexes are at different elevations, it's hard tell which ones are higher and lower.

This mod uses most of the symbols from the Napoleonic mod.  Apart from slight repaint of the unlimbered artillery symbol, the only innovation is the infantry marching column symbol (looks very similar to the infantry line symbol, only grey).

The mod also replaces the game's Musket and Pike victory music with something a little more appropriate to the period.  I've also included two desktop icons that can be used to distinguish battle scenarios from campaign games.

A few screenshots:

Lobositz

Kolin

Prague

Zorndorf

Rossbach

Shortcut icons

I've added a link for downloading this mod to the complete list of links for my Napoleonic mods. 

In addition, the mod can be downloaded from here:

https://app.box.com/s/8jd0zaiayh4w13pjx440qx95g833265u?fbclid=IwAR11iof5S4zYhkjKh5oCeOSYd6JBeaYGpGUknPqa2HHBra9xp9sZOcQvrXM

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

laborde

Wow thanks Philippe! I am a fan of your Napoleonic mods (I have Leipzig,Marengo & Austerlitz) so will be great to have this one too...

By the way do you have any mod for Bonaparte's Peninsular War?

Philippe

Mods for Bonaparte's Peninsular War and Republican Bayonets on the Rhine are both in the works (and in different stages of completion).  No ETA, but we're probably talking sometime next year before midsummer. 

stolypin

Quote from: Philippe on November 29, 2018, 12:28:11 PM
Mods for Bonaparte's Peninsular War and Republican Bayonets on the Rhine are both in the works (and in different stages of completion).  No ETA, but we're probably talking sometime next year before midsummer.

Great news.  The Peninsular War title is going to be a Christmas present to myself this year.

MengJiao

Quote from: Philippe on November 29, 2018, 12:28:11 PM

I'd love one for Republican Bayonets!

laborde

Just a suggestion @Philippe, can we have another icon for generals instead of a flag? (when gens at top flags just unmotivate;>)  ^^ a star or anything appropriate?

Philippe

I'm a vexillologist.  I like flags.

Pete Dero

laborde

laborde

Btw why this game doesnt have a 3d view (like all other JTS titles have)? before i buy it i didnt know that (probably i didnt read the  product page carefully, shame on me) and i am surprised tbh  ::) Maybe it will be added with future patches?

Philippe

I think it's on their eventual to-do list, but don't hold your breath.

The first game in the series eventually got a set of 3D textures, but it took a while.

laborde

Ok thanks Philippe for the info, we will wait then ^^