Opinion on Warsaw and Timberborn

Started by fran, December 13, 2022, 01:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fran

Both these titles are on sale on Steam at the moment.

Interested if anyone played them on here.

Bardolph

No experience with Warsaw but Timberborn has a demo you can try out. Its pretty cool but I never got round to buying the game. Not my usual sort of game to be fair. Still, I enjoyed the time I spent with it.

ArizonaTank

I picked up Warsaw.

I find it an interesting game set during the Warsaw uprising against the German occupiers in 1944...and certainly well-worth $7 IMHO.

It has a nice graphical novel feel about it, and introduces a convincing Warsaw Uprising feel to gameplay.

At its core, it is a tactical combat game with strategic game overlay. This includes team management. You will start to get close to your team characters..and then they are killed. Kind of like XCOM, but with simplified 2d combat and a simplified strategy game.

Characters have different weapons, such as rifles, pistols, LMGs or grenade launcher. Some characters may also be medics. Ammo and resource management are critical.

I thought I wouldn't like the 2d combat, but actually, it works rather well. And it is not fully 2d, and there is some room for maneuver.

The time investment demands of the game are rather light. I find myself playing a bit at time.

Not the greatest game ever...but certainly worth a look.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Barry Simmons

Personally i haven't seen Warsaw yet, but Timberborn is quite fun to me, judgging by trailers developers provided
Barryy