Diablo III - Reaper of Souls

Started by Gusington, July 23, 2019, 07:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

After years away and some synch issues, I am making a triumphant return to D3 soon. And after some synch issues with my battle.net account, I have finally been able to install the Reaper of Souls expansion  <:-)...I'm also toying with purchasing the Necromancer for 15.00 despite the fact that the price point truly offends me.

Anyway, I am thinking of starting a totally new campaign since it has been so long. Back in 2012 I finished the first act, and then stepped away. Now I am thinking of starting again from the beginning and playing as the Necromancer.

Anyone still playing DIII? Any recommendations or warnings?

Thanks all.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

I've returned to it some months ago and played the heck out of it, right now on another temporary break.

The Necromancer is an okay class, but far from my favorites.
Be sure to take the Corpse Explosion power, it costs no mana (or whatever it is called), has no cooldown and is an insane mob killer.
When attacked by many enemies just kill one or two of them, and then start spamming Corpse Explosion on their corpses, and in no time there won't be anything left.

Gusington

^That power alone may make it worthwhile to pay for the Necromancer :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on July 23, 2019, 12:02:45 PM
^That power alone may make it worthwhile to pay for the Necromancer :)

Why not get it on one of the countless sales Blizzard does every year?
(If you don't mind waiting a bit)

Gusington

When do you think the next one would be? I never really use BattleNet or get promo emails from them.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on July 23, 2019, 02:44:42 PM
When do you think the next one would be? I never really use BattleNet or get promo emails from them.

Considering how old it is I wonder why they don't put it out on Steam or GOG....?

Gusington

The first Diablo was just put on GOG a few months ago - so using that as a template, D3 will be on GOG around 2036 :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on July 23, 2019, 02:53:11 PM
The first Diablo was just put on GOG a few months ago - so using that as a template, D3 will be on GOG around 2036 :/

:-[

Grim.Reaper

So have on and off considered purchasing but I am not familiar with this series so I have never pulled the trigger.  Just curious, what is it about this game different than others or what makes it stand out?

DennisS

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 23, 2019, 04:38:48 PM
So have on and off considered purchasing but I am not familiar with this series so I have never pulled the trigger.  Just curious, what is it about this game different than others or what makes it stand out?

No different from many other action-rpg's, like Titan Quest, or Sacred. I actually prefer Titan Quest, although it is much older.

I have played the hell out of Diablo III, and have maxed level, plus many paragon levels.

There is still quite a bit of content once you beat the acts, and this keeps me coming back.

In the last week, I have gone back to Diablo II! Yep..my Sorc is alive and kicking ass.

Gusington

What other content is there besides the acts?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

I'd go as far as saying the game only starts for real after the acts.
You'll be done with the Acts in 8 hrs or so.
Then you have Rifts, Challenges and the gear grind up into Paragon levels.
No new story however and there is quite some recycling of locales and assets during the grind.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd