Liberty Con 2016 -

Started by airboy, June 09, 2016, 10:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I just registered to go to Liberty Con on July 8 - 10 in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Is anyone else planning to go?  Larry Correia and John Ringo are both attending.

bayonetbrant

I'm prepping to run a gamer summer camp leading up to that week, so I'm a little busy that weekend :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Returned from LibertyCon

Very interesting con.

They have a pretty serious cut-throat Spades competition.  I played in the tournament (made it to round 2 and was defeated by the eventual winner).  Also played a number of pick-up games.  Everyone I played with was at minimum average+ skill level in cards.  Very enjoyable.

Played a lot of Munchkin.  Won munchkin loot.  Also played Revolution by Steve Jackson games which was fun.  Steve Jackson attended.

Biggest part of the Con was literary - dominated by Baen Books.  Their lead editor, several associate editors, and about 20 published authors from the house were in attendance.  Biggest names were David Weber, John Ringo and Larry Correia.  But many other authors were there from that publishing house.  Lots of ex-military people.  They had a shooting excursion on Saturday Morning (rifle & pistol).

I like cards, table-top games and Baen books - so this was a fun time.   They limit to 750 attendees (not counting guests) so this is a smallish con.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers