Field of Glory II -- IMMORTAL FIRE

Started by Cyrano, November 21, 2017, 02:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Just got it with my coupon for ~12.49.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on December 05, 2017, 08:15:10 PM
Even if you don't buy, take note of the core changes in the game to address user feedback.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=477&t=80917

Yes!  I returned to my Syracusian Campaign and got a General for the Veteran Hoplite assault wing.  He did Okay, but one veteran hoplite formation ran amuk (or chased some evading skirmishers into the middle of the enemy army) from the not-as -well-supervised part of the army.  So things are still hanging in the balance sort of (though the Campians have started panic-ing -- things go down hill fast once that gets rolling).

Nefaro

Even if you don't buy, take note of the core changes in the game to address user feedback.

Oh, I'm definitely going to buy.  Possibly sooner rather than later. 

Just gotta be ready to play again, first. 

(Nef buys new video card, installs, proceeds to not play much of anything for days.. )   :idiot2:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on December 05, 2017, 09:45:15 PM

Yes!  I returned to my Syracusian Campaign and got a General for the Veteran Hoplite assault wing.  He did Okay, but one veteran hoplite formation ran amuk (or chased some evading skirmishers into the middle of the enemy army) from the not-as -well-supervised part of the army.  So things are still hanging in the balance sort of (though the Campians have started panic-ing -- things go down hill fast once that gets rolling).

Yes, luckily the Campanians panic-ed and for the next battle it was a game of "save the baggage"...which sounded impossible since the Baggage savers had to save the baggage and get somewhere "before nightfall" (none of which was particularly clear) BUT in some ways it was a less difficult battle since the Campanians split their army so as to come at the baggage from 3 sides.  So the Syracusan Hoplites chased down the various CAmpanian forces and the baggage chased the Hoplites.  The Campanians lost heart and all of the baggage was saved.  The next battle is the traditional final battle (you can set how many battles you want when you set up the campaign)...I think and then on to Plataea or something.

Grim.Reaper

Looks like they are already onto beta testing DLC #2.....this may be a hard series to keep up with if content continues at a furious pace:)

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=477&t=81017&sid=630e1730d1138916f49ffc605a004ebb

Cyrano

The lists are certainly all set...no great mechanical updates to make...just more joy...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

Congrats jomni - will definitely be downloading.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

That looks tasty. Mod of the Year possibility?   :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Cyrano

As the rude taunter said of the Grail:  "Oh yes, it's very nice!"

Well done!
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806