More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I played a character called "Village Idiot" in a series called Morgue & Stein. It was basically an 18th century dark comedy about a man who ran a tavern who conducted odd experiments in the basement and required a constant flow of cadavers. My role was such that I played his brother, but I was smarter than him and he 'experimented' on 'me' to turn me into something less than intelligible. My character was originally just a minor one, but they decided to write me in as a major one if the show took off. Unfortunately, it did not, and stopped production after two episodes.

The point of this is that I suggested to the producer that the more my character drinks, the smarter and more comprehensible he becomes, to the point where he's completely blotto he is a genius. So I guess he could have even written in complete sentences...although that was obviously stretching things just a tad.

And if you care, there's a reason why you never heard of this show...it was just one of hundreds made every year by hopeful production companies that never sees the light of day, which is unfortunate as the show was absolutely hilarious.

There's actually a trailer of it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC1-MX_xaRk

You can see me at 1:30 (for about one second) on the right of the screen.

Sorry about that. Now returning you to your regularly scheduled funny images.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

mirth

Weird, a picture of a girl I used to date and my therapist.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Hate to break it to you, but your ex-girlfriend looks a lot like Hannibal Lecter
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I think they're both dudes.

mirth

She went well with a nice chianti and some fava beans.

mirth

mirth

mirth

mirth

BanzaiCat

mirth