More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

For those of you not in the know, Yorkshire Pudding looks suspiciously like what us NortAmericanos would call 'fried dough'.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

For those of you not in the know, roly polys are one of several common names for what is known as this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodlouse
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Staggerwing

Quote from: LongBlade on July 20, 2013, 06:37:39 PM
For those of you not in the know, roly polys are one of several common names for what is known as this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodlouse

It must be the jam that makes 'em good eats.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Quote from: LongBlade on July 20, 2013, 06:37:39 PM

lmao

food of the gods, weighs a half a ton -

Arctic Blast

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 20, 2013, 03:54:56 PM

treacle pudding - doesnt come finer, except maybe suet based jam roly poly

:o Descriptions like this are why Britian has such a well deserved reputation when it comes to food...

Quote from: bob48 on July 20, 2013, 05:16:03 PM
Now yer talking real grub Geek.

You wait till you get up here mate. Mrs.B will do you traditional Sunday Roast Beef Dinner, complete with Yorkshire pudding, Jersey mint potato's, fresh garden peas and other stuff. Followed by one of her special milky, buttery rice puds with golden syrup in it, innit.

:o Are you inviting him to dinner or attempting to pimp out the missus?!

GDS_Starfury

hell if I know.  they're friking British!
and theyve gone off all pear shaped.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

undercovergeek

Quote from: Arctic Blast on July 20, 2013, 10:31:43 PM

:o Descriptions like this are why Britian has such a well deserved reputation when it comes to food...

You wait till you get up here mate. Mrs.B will do you traditional Sunday Roast Beef Dinner, complete with Yorkshire pudding, Jersey mint potato's, fresh garden peas and other stuff. Followed by one of her special milky, buttery rice puds with golden syrup in it, innit.

Meh you're so 90s - were regarded quite highly now, although ill admit it wasn't treacle pudding that got us there - and as I keep telling my daughter - its DESSERT!

Arctic Blast

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 21, 2013, 04:58:43 AM

Meh you're so 90s - were regarded quite highly now, although ill admit it wasn't treacle pudding that got us there - and as I keep telling my daughter - its DESSERT!

I will happily admit to loving Yorkshire puddings. Aside from that...yeah...please keep your food on your island, thanks.  ;D

LongBlade

Roly polys are pretty easy to find in most places around here. Let us know if you Brits run short or anything.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Arctic Blast on July 21, 2013, 03:30:23 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 21, 2013, 04:58:43 AM

I will happily admit to loving Yorkshire puddings. Aside from that...yeah...please keep your food on your island, thanks.  ;D

How come we have to keep sending our chefs over to your side to show you how to cook?

Im looking thru the TV schedules but im not seeing 'really famous US chef Kitchen Nightmares - this week 'really famous US chef' shows Archie from Leeds how to run his restaurant properly' but i do see it the other way round  :P

bob48

Aye - you'd soon change your minds once you had a taste of Mr's.B dumplings............
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: LongBlade on July 21, 2013, 04:25:56 PM
Roly polys are pretty easy to find in most places around here. Let us know if you Brits run short or anything.

like destroyers or powdered eggs.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 21, 2013, 04:51:46 PM
How come we have to keep sending our chefs over to your side to show you how to cook?

because your foods so shit that you need to be a master chef to make it edible.