More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 08, 2013, 09:31:36 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on July 08, 2013, 12:16:58 AM
Sums up why I liked the Air Force A LOT better!

What the photo doesn't say is that they just got to sleep for their one hour per day, having finally collapsed in exhaustion despite the GODAWFUL ROARS OF AIRCRAFT ENGINES going on around them.

Nope.  The photo doesn't show the A/C units or the valets.  :) ;)
Any time is a good time for pie.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Windigo on July 08, 2013, 11:57:56 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on July 08, 2013, 10:26:46 AM

I wonder if she knew at the time...

I'm going to take a wild flying guess there's an ex-boyfriend involved in that poster somewhere.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Steelgrave

Quote from: Centurion40 on July 09, 2013, 11:40:24 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 08, 2013, 09:31:36 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on July 08, 2013, 12:16:58 AM
Sums up why I liked the Air Force A LOT better!

What the photo doesn't say is that they just got to sleep for their one hour per day, having finally collapsed in exhaustion despite the GODAWFUL ROARS OF AIRCRAFT ENGINES going on around them.

Nope.  The photo doesn't show the A/C units or the valets.  :) ;)

A few years ago my wife and I were checking into the TDY/Base Inn facility at one USAF base or another, I don't remember which. Anyway, we were behind a Marine E-6 who was amazed to discover that not only would he be getting his own room with no sharing, but that there was a coffee maker in the room! He was afraid that he was being given an officer's room by mistake. Hell, we were upset that there were no donuts left in the lobby!

Centurion40

Bingo.

I've told the story of an old pal of mine, he was a RCAF Corporal working the flight line at the Sarajevo airport during the civil war.  He had his own room (2 queen beds for 6 weeks) in a 4 star hotel, and ate in the hotel restaurant.  He met-up with two PPCLI grunts on leave and let them bunk with him for a night, they couldn't believe his living accommodations.  They planned to re-muster when they returned to Canada.

In my first course after basic officer, we had housekeeping and no bunk inspections.  We were 2 to a room with shared washroom facilities, and that was the only "hardship".  From then on out, unless a course/duty was on an Army or Navy base, it was private rooms with private bath... and housekeeping.  No A/C though, unless you brought your own.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Centurion40

It does suck when the cable is out.  It's worse when you get box lunches or <shudder> field rations when the mess hall is closed.

JasonPratt

Keep in mind, Aviation is having to fly through all that suckage in a cramped loud little box where they can't even pee (without help, at best). If the previous three fall, they hit the ground at 5mph in three feet.

Granted, it helps to have what amounts to a Gundam strapped to one's back. Until the engines flame out or suck a goose.

(Dad was a chopper mechanic and occasionally helped crew spec ops drops and support in Vietnam, back in the days before 'we' were 'officially' 'in' VN. ;) Also the only guy in his pow survival training camp to successfully escape. He admittedly preferred to fly or float than crawl.  8) Huge admiration for the infantry.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tpek

Why is he complaining about the cable being out when his TV is actually sporting an antiquated antenna? :P

bayonetbrant

^^ he's in the Air Force.  He won't realize that 'til an Army commo guy rolls up and fixes it for him ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

JasonPratt

^^ The kit and cost required are prohibitive, too.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I thought it was free-to-play but the amount of DLC required to make it an enjoyable experience is ridiculous.

Windigo

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 09, 2013, 03:03:57 PM
Keep in mind, Aviation is having to fly through all that suckage in a cramped loud little box where they can't even pee (without help, at best). If the previous three fall, they hit the ground at 5mph in three feet.

Granted, it helps to have what amounts to a Gundam strapped to one's back. Until the engines flame out or suck a goose.

(Dad was a chopper mechanic and occasionally helped crew spec ops drops and support in Vietnam, back in the days before 'we' were 'officially' 'in' VN. ;) Also the only guy in his pow survival training camp to successfully escape. He admittedly preferred to fly or float than crawl.  8) Huge admiration for the infantry.)

It's been years since I heard the phrase 'suck a goose'. LMAO. Thanks Jason
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant