More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Capn Darwin on May 26, 2013, 05:10:57 PM
Why is Aquaman fishing??!!??

lack of real superpowers precludes receiving catered lunches from "Friends of Real Superheroes Club"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Actually, he's trying to recover the bottle of Aveeno he dropped   8)

Arctic Blast

He's such a gigantic failure that he can't even help the sea life properly.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on May 22, 2013, 10:13:27 PM
Im in soooo much better shape then that.
:o
I hope its more than just better shape differentiating you two ... thass a girly Oh-Rang-gee-tang

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tpek

Aquaman a failure?
He's got Mera. That's more than any of you could say :P

Also, he's got superpowers.
It's Batman whose got none, and Pigeonlady (aka Hawkgirl) the one whose sole "super power" is to fly over villains' heads and strike them with bird droppings.

Steelgrave

^Whatever LongBlade promised you, it wasn't enough.

LongBlade

Quote from: Tpek on May 27, 2013, 01:16:44 PM
Aquaman a failure?

It's Batman whose got none, and Pigeonlady (aka Hawkgirl) the one whose sole "super power" is to fly over villains' heads and strike them with bird droppings.

Thanks, Tpek. H8rs gonna h8.

Aquaman rulz!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Arctic Blast

Aquaman a failure?

Batman is the world's greatest detective and probably the world's most eligible bachelor. Giving him superpowers would just be unfair.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 27, 2013, 04:42:59 PM
Batman is the world's greatest detective and probably the world's most eligible bachelor. Giving him superpowers would just be unfair.

Yep.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

^^ In canon he was very briefly a Yellow Lantern but rejected it. (You know -- the ring based on causing fear as well as intelligence, willpower and emotion. :) )

So since that wasn't overpowered enough, they made him a White Lantern. (Also temporarily.)

Aquaman a failure?

Except when she goes crazy. Which is often. (She eventually became a deputized Red Lantern!)

Still, when he manages to be ruling 3/4 of the planet through sheer awesomeness (as occasionally happens) he manages not to be a failure. :) On the other tentacle, plot dramatics dictate he routinely fails at that and loses his reign.

On yet the other tentacle, he goes up against gods and elder lovecraftian evils at least as much as Wonder Woman. And wins as much as she does, too. Arguably more often than she does: once a year he and Etrigan team up to beat the hell (literally) out of one of the Lovecraftian Elder Gods to keep it from escaping. He even picked a fight with the Spectre, the living embodiment of the God's wrath. In the DCAU Justice League series he (and his Atlantean army) so thoroughly kicks the butts of an army of Elder God minions, the other JL team members find the army running away back through the ocean portal. In Peter David's run, it was revealed that Aquaman could, if he really wanted to, simply use his telepathy to crush the will of anything (even the ancient alien god Tiamat) that has anything to do with water in its ancestry. Which includes all life on Earth, too. Including most of the superpowered entities on Earth. (He doesn't because that would corrupt him awfully fast into an evil Edritch Abomination entity.)

In effect, Aquaman is Kratos from the God of War series except more powerful. (He even pulls a classic Kratos move on purpose: letting another sea god kill him so he can assault hades to rescue Poseidon from Pluto--primarily by scaring Pluto with threats of what he'll do if he stays in hades!)

Aquaman may be a perennial loser in life, but he kicks an amazing amount of a$$, and is sometimes (when ruling Atlantis) in a position where he could be classed close to an Omega-level threat. As in, if he's pissed off he can destroy the (surface) world. "You have hundreds of champions to defend a few land masses. I protect the other seventy percent of the world...and there is only one of me."

(So, I can be a moderator now, right?)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

LongBlade

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 27, 2013, 04:42:59 PM
Batman is the world's greatest detective

...and Aquaman is the worlds greatest superhero.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart