I found it...this ancient Dragon Magazine game...

Started by BanzaiCat, September 25, 2015, 09:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

http://annarchive.com/files/Drmg051.pdf

Go to page 39.

"Search for the Emperor's Treasure" was a game in DRAGON Magazine, Issue 51 (July, 1981). I LOVED this game as a kid and would think about it from time to time, but I could never remember the game's name nor the issue, and searching for it was always fruitless. Then I stumbled on a guy's avatar on BGG when perusing the FANG thread and a memory tumbled down Tetris-like into making me recognize it was from that game.

Anyway...any of you old dudes (like me) remember this game? The rules are all right there, and the markers/map are all at the end of the PDF. Enjoy.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

it was an excellent game and IIRC, collected in a box set of about 6 Tom Wham games that were released in the mid- or late-80s
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Looks like the type of game I could get into, if it were more extensive.

I've eyed similar Print & Play stuff, such as those from Berserker Games like Heroes Of Argos.  Haven't been all that inclined to produce the components, especially with the lacking artwork.

BanzaiCat

I played this game often with my dad back in middle school. Great memories.

Wes

#64 has Championship Sumo Wrestling. Just a single page of rules and fun as hell. We used to play this while waiting for everyone on game night back in the day.

Good times.
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

avrotim

currently working on: Crowbar, Thunder in the East, Attack of the 50 Ft Colossi
Currently building: nothing