Sniper position created

Started by nevermore, February 18, 2018, 08:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nevermore

Sniper position created

01 - First i began with a large round MDF base, black foamboard was used for the walls, i used Bosik
for sealing them together.

02 - 3mm cork tile cut into brickwork, i overlapped the edges, dont bother cutting the brick to fit the
walls, we can do this much later, leave small gaps between each brick, i also used matchstick crafts
sticks for the door casing....much better than normal matchsticks, they are smaller and much neater.

03 - I then used more foamboard to creat the platform inside the walls, balsa wood is used for the support
beams for my flooring.The cork bricks are filled with mortar...i used filler, then a small damp rag to remove
some of the mortar, then a dry rag or tissue, leave over night to dry.

04 -  Coffee stirrers for my wood flooring, and where i never did any brickwork, i gave a touch of Daz clay,
the brickwork at this stage would be cut to fit the edges and i also chipped away at a number of bricks
to create that damaged look.

05 - On the Daz clay i would PVA glue some fine sand, to give it some sort of texture, simply paint up
and place the snipers in postion....job done, well i hope i have given some ideas to others, snipers will
always find great postions on the battle field, i just find this a good way to represent that.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

02 - 3mm cork tile cut into brickwork...

That really, really looks like brick! Awesome!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

:o

Superb work as usual. Thanks for sharing.