Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Clad in Iron: Sakhalin 1904 Naval Wargame
« Last post by RyanE on Today at 08:33:31 PM »

...with no one else standing up and saying they thought it was wrong too makes me wonder at the complexion of this forum.  I am very conservative in politics, having grown up in the rural US.  But I have a hard time pushing back on liberals who scream racism as very turn when I see this happen on a forum.

Alright....slow your roll. If youíre offended, then say so (like you did). Gus backed you up and was offended too. But just because the rest of us didnít pile on, doesnít suggest anything about the rest of it. Maybe we didnít find it as offensive as you do. I wouldnít use it, but If Iím not offended by it enough to post here, that doesnít mean anything more than that...or that we felt you had articulated your point well and admin would handle it

Edit: there...Gus deservedly banned him. I think we all understand why your offended but please donít generalize about the rest of us because maybe we werenít or didnít feel the need to add on

This isn't about being me being offended.  Everyone should be offended, shocked, and disappointed.  The fact that you seem to be "less offended" than I am scares me as much as anything. 

Its about common sense.  This isn't like saying someone is overweight because they eat too much.  Its a derogatory term with incredibly racial overtones related to the US imprisoning families for nothing more than their parents race...in the modern era.  People not being as offended as someone else isn't even close debatable position.  This is why idiots get away with saying stuff like that.  Because other people stand around and are "less offended" Its especially disappointing on a board that so focuses on history.  It just reinforces to me that racism will never go away.  It just gets hidden away and leaks out every now and then.  Its just like my wife being called a Dirty Jap in a crowded movie theater.  No one said a thing.  They just let it happen.

btw, I appreciate mods stepping in quickly.  It does restore some of my faith.  But you can see in those comments that it was sitting at the forefront of his mind and he truly believes it, regardless of bans.  Now he is feeling like victim.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Hearts of Iron IV
« Last post by bobarossa on Today at 08:24:13 PM »
With a massive rewrite of the naval code (that has been messed up repeatedly over the years and iterations of HOI) I expect it will take a coupld patches to fix the DLC after it's out.  Then I'll consider buying it.
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 07:50:29 PM »
If you know of any more please let me know...one of my favorite eras and topics.

There is a game in development by the creator of DarthMod and the Ulimate General games called Dreadnought, but I donít know what the release date is.
« Last post by mikeck on Today at 07:47:45 PM »
Iím suprised there arenít more Naval games in the 1870-1918 era. Just this and Jutland/distant Guns right?
Any transitional warfare era is awesome and has a lot of tactical
Possibilities. 1908 (or so?)- 1914 would tend to be a bit ďline up and press fireĒ maybe...but late 19th century? Yay
Computer Wargaming / Re: Hearts of Iron IV
« Last post by sandman2575 on Today at 07:39:01 PM »
Have they given any approximate release date for Man the Guns??  They've been working on it for a while now, and they still seem to have a ways to go. Which is fine, I suppose, provided they actually substantially improve the naval side of things in HoI. Just surprised that a DLC seems to be taking them so long.
« Last post by mikeck on Today at 07:36:11 PM »

...with no one else standing up and saying they thought it was wrong too makes me wonder at the complexion of this forum.  I am very conservative in politics, having grown up in the rural US.  But I have a hard time pushing back on liberals who scream racism as very turn when I see this happen on a forum.

Alright....slow your roll. If youíre offended, then say so (like you did). Gus backed you up and was offended too. But just because the rest of us didnít pile on, doesnít suggest anything about the rest of it. Maybe we didnít find it as offensive as you do. I wouldnít use it, but If Iím not offended by it enough to post here, that doesnít mean anything more than that...or that we felt you had articulated your point well and admin would handle it

Edit: there...Gus deservedly banned him. I think we all understand why your offended but please donít generalize about the rest of us because maybe we werenít or didnít feel the need to add on
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 07:25:30 PM »
RyanE my apologies. Em2nought is banned for 2 weeks. If he comes back and shows no signs of change the ban will be permanent. I hope this can somewhat alleviate your impression of the site.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Combat Mission status
« Last post by Elvis on Today at 07:20:15 PM »
I share the same opinion as others here regarding the editor. I barely touched the CMx1 editor but when I did I could fumble around enough the lash together something's. The new editor is far more powerful but I've touched that even less.

That said, to a couple pojnts mentioned about the beta testers who make the scenarios,  I think of them like hockey goalies or drummers in a rock band. They are wired differently than me. Almost all of the current designers enjoy the process of creating a scenario far more than they enjoy playing the game. What is tedious to me if fun for them. Fookin weirdos. 😀
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 07:18:48 PM »
Jap is very different than Kraut and if you canít see the difference thatís your problem. Have a nice vacation...if your attitude was a little better perhaps you wouldnít need one.
Computer Wargaming / Re: The Groginati Sales Thread
« Last post by airboy on Today at 07:15:38 PM »
Tabletop games sale going on at Humble Store for the next ~4 days.  Some games on sale:

Twilight Struggle   $3.99
Through the Ages   $9.59

This is an amazing sale.  I'm thinking about two different games.  Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10