Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Combat Mission status
« Last post by Zulu1966 on Today at 12:51:52 PM »

Yeah. Nope.

Looks like the same CMx2 game engine...the same engine that was developed in the 1990s.

You can slap all the lipstick on that pig, but it still looks like crap (HELLO? Shadows? ANTI ALIASING?) and performs like crap.

Edit: I am so disappointed.

Looks fantastic. Can't wait for the release. CMSF was released in 2007 so palpably not the 90's and palpably not the same engine as CMX1

I find it quite easy to set anti aliasing and shadows in the interface both of which are supported and run great from a performance point of view.

I was going to post a couple of screenshots of that other game with the total war level of graphics that can deliver a map like that with the same excellent realistic representation of tactical engagements that CMX2 does. But couldn't remeber what it was called. Perhaps as you obviously know what it is you can oblige for me
Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming / Re: Gloomhaven
« Last post by Silent Disapproval Robot on Today at 12:42:23 PM »
Meeplemart in Canada has it in stock for $132.95 CDN which is about $100 USD.

http://www.meeplemart.com/store/p/66997-Gloomhaven.aspx
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Star Trek series coming in 2017
« Last post by mirth on Today at 12:38:36 PM »
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Star Trek series coming in 2017
« Last post by Steelgrave on Today at 12:37:38 PM »
I bet Kirk gets in on with the lady Autobot

GrogHeads Feedback / Re: This Weekend - Reports from Origins!
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Today at 12:30:34 PM »
Costume gallery posted

PSA: Brant in fishnet stockings may not be suitable for all viewers.

which is why it never happens
« Last post by RyanE on Today at 12:29:35 PM »
btw, the FPSs I quoted are locked to the Panther at level 2 for the entire first 10 turns.  No no movement of the tank or the camera.  I have always used that as a benchmark.
« Last post by Apocalypse 31 on Today at 12:25:11 PM »
The performance is what I can't get over.  My brother upgrades his computer frequently and with each nVidia card, 850, 940, 1050, and then 1060, the performance of CM seems to get worse.  His latest is an i7-8700 with a single core processor speed of 4GHz and a 1080 and he gets 27 fps in Barkman's Corner ( a mid-sized scenario in CMBN.)

My old Dell laptop running Win7 and an A10 AMD chip with a five year old Radeon chipset runs it at 30 fps.  We have tried everything with the new computer to no avail.

Exactly!

I'd be ok with the graphics, if the game AT LEAST ran smoothly. But it doesn't, and can't handle large maps either.
« Last post by RyanE on Today at 12:02:41 PM »
The performance is what I can't get over.  My brother upgrades his computer frequently and with each nVidia card, 850, 940, 1050, and then 1060, the performance of CM seems to get worse.  His latest is an i7-8700 with a single core processor speed of 4GHz and a 1080 and he gets 27 fps in Barkman's Corner ( a mid-sized scenario in CMBN.)

My old Dell laptop running Win7 and an A10 AMD chip with a five year old Radeon chipset runs it at 30 fps.  We have tried everything with the new computer to no avail.
GrogHeads Feedback / Re: This Weekend - Reports from Origins!
« Last post by mirth on Today at 11:59:26 AM »
Costume gallery posted

PSA: Brant in fishnet stockings may not be suitable for all viewers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10