Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 13, 2019, 11:51:57 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 13, 2019, 11:30:51 AM
I started DCS this morning and there was a big update - I was hopeful, but the cat wasn't there. At least I got the DCS update out the way ready though

Its out. Try again.
Not seeing it - v2.5.4.28  :'(

I had to use the command line on DCS_Updater.exe to force an update. This isn't the first time I've had to do this - but it is updating  :clap:
Alba gu' brath

Destraex

Do I need to download the BETA version of the game to get the tomcat??
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on March 13, 2019, 04:37:41 PM

Yes. Open Beta only for now.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

It took a long time for me to download, but finally done......will be interesting to see how things turned out.

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 13, 2019, 04:44:34 PM

Thanks Jar :)

JudgeDredd

She is BEAUTIFUL. Handles alot better than I thought. Even landed it (ground, not carrier)

There's really nothing going on in this video...just a short clip to prove to myself more than anything that I am finally in the cockpit of a Tomcat  :notworthy:

I still can't get over one MFD  :DD
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 13, 2019, 04:44:34 PM

I actually only have BETA installed - I can't recall what the other version is? Release? Don't see the point of it - as I buy into beta aircraft which I believe is one of the purposes of beta. I've not really had much in the way of any noticeable issues running BETA either. Never a crash (apart from landing  :buck2: ) and seems to play fine.
Alba gu' brath

Destraex

WHich version does the multiplayer population hang out in?

Jarhead0331

It sure is a beautiful aircraft, but I don't think I will ever master it. It is so different from the Hornet and I was so uncomfortable with the cockpit, the systems and having to constantly ride the trim...I'm just so used to fly by wire. It takes a lot of concentration and time for me to read a lot of those analog dials and gauges.

Just wow.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 13, 2019, 09:42:58 PM
It sure is a beautiful aircraft, but I don't think I will ever master it. It is so different from the Hornet and I was so uncomfortable with the cockpit, the systems and having to constantly ride the trim...I'm just so used to fly by wire. It takes a lot of concentration and time for me to read a lot of those analog dials and gauges.

Just wow.

The wonders of modern tech.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 13, 2019, 09:42:58 PM

Just wow.
Yeah I literally jumped in and flew around for 20 minutes and just looked around.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Destraex on March 13, 2019, 09:02:35 PM
WHich version does the multiplayer population hang out in?
I don't do online so I'm afraid I can't help you there.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

I meant to mention...I've noticed a performance hit since the beta update. Quite a bit of stuttering...anybody else?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 14, 2019, 02:08:26 AM
I meant to mention...I've noticed a performance hit since the beta update. Quite a bit of stuttering...anybody else?
Not last night on my 20 minute flight. There wasn't alot about mind you but I did come in to land around a town. I didn't notice anything then.
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 14, 2019, 02:08:26 AM

Jarhead are you using Bit Defender by any chance?
There seems to have been an update of that app causing USB device to cycle constantly causing stuttering.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."