Happy Holidays my Groghead Friends

Started by Rayfer, December 24, 2018, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Quote from: GroggyGrognard on December 25, 2018, 11:53:32 AM
Happy Holidays fellow grogs!

I'm working 12 hours at the hospital, so no gaming for me today.

Be safe out there!

Groggy

Thanks!

One of my buddies got out of the hospital from an emergency removal of his gall bladder on Christmas Eve.  Best thing that happened this Christmas except for the Birth of Christ.

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year, nerds
Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

Tpek

Quote from: GroggyGrognard on December 25, 2018, 11:53:32 AM
I'm working 12 hours at the hospital, so no gaming for me today.

No wonder you're groggy!

Are you a Doctor? A Nurse?

Sir Slash

Happy Holidays Brant, to you and yours!  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GroggyGrognard

Quote from: airboy on December 26, 2018, 09:45:53 AM
One of my buddies got out of the hospital from an emergency removal of his gall bladder on Christmas Eve.  Best thing that happened this Christmas except for the Birth of Christ.

Hope he gets to feeling better and has a speedy recovery.

Quote from: Tpek on December 26, 2018, 04:24:27 PM
No wonder you're groggy!

Are you a Doctor? A Nurse?

lol Yeah, the 12 hour shifts are a bit long.   I'm a radiographer.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Staggerwing

Quote from: GroggyGrognard on December 27, 2018, 09:25:36 PM
lol Yeah, the 12 hour shifts are a bit long.   I'm a radiographer.
Groggy

Cool! Before I went into EMS I spent a year or so as an aide in the Radiology Dept. This was around 1981 so I developed film and pushed around the 'portable'- a wheeled x-ray machine that was the size of a refrigerator and was used when patients were too ill to move out of the ER or were in isolation. After the latter there was the inevitable scrub brush and bucket of bleach. I also spent a while helping out in the Nuclear Medicine dept... a weirdly insular place run by two eldritch techs and a secretary that I came to believe was secretly in charge.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

^You have done a lot of interesting work.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Yeah, his working life is like the complete opposite of mine.

GroggyGrognard

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 28, 2018, 08:57:14 PM
Cool! Before I went into EMS I spent a year or so as an aide in the Radiology Dept. This was around 1981 so I developed film and pushed around the 'portable'- a wheeled x-ray machine that was the size of a refrigerator and was used when patients were too ill to move out of the ER or were in isolation. After the latter there was the inevitable scrub brush and bucket of bleach. I also spent a while helping out in the Nuclear Medicine dept... a weirdly insular place run by two eldritch techs and a secretary that I came to believe was secretly in charge.

Great story! Thanks for sharing. I enjoy hearing about radiography stories from years ago, back when radiographers had to develop their film. One of my radiography instructors in school started in the field in the early 80's and would regal us with stories about "back in the day" having to develop the x-ray images on film.
The portable x-ray machines nowadays are much smaller and lighter than a fridge. They are digital systems, which means the x-ray image comes up immediately on the portable machine monitor. This is very convenient not only for us techs, but especially for the doctors who can immediately see the image and, for example, if it is a chest x-ray, can see a line or tube placement. Or if it is an upper or lower extremity, can immediately see a fracture and/or dislocation. Diagnostic imaging technology at its best. My job is all about producing quality images for the radiologists and patient care. I love it.

When I was a rad tech student, at one of my clinical sites, I helped out one of the nuclear med techs with transporting patients to and from the stretcher to the scanner machine table. Nuclear medicine has always sparked my interest, and it requires further education with its own registry exam. In the diagnostic imaging world, nuclear medicine is a whole different beast.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

My buddy lost about 40 pounds, but survived.  He had a gangrenous gall bladder that was just barely removed in time.  But he is much better and went to the first half of Auburn's basketball game with me today.  I'm hoping he learns that when he is in severe pain or when he is chronically short of breath (he also had a heart attack) that he goes to the doctor.

Destraex

Happy New Year - - - at least from here.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Happy New Year!!! Any gaming resolutions like; finish such and such game or get to that backlog of sale purchases you haven't touched from 3 years ago.....???  And of course, like all NY resolutions they will be unfulfilled and forgotten a week from now.   :idiot2:   :uglystupid2:   <:-)

jamus34

Quote from: Rayfer on December 31, 2018, 09:35:19 AM
Happy New Year!!! Any gaming resolutions like; finish such and such game or get to that backlog of sale purchases you haven't touched from 3 years ago.....???  And of course, like all NY resolutions they will be unfulfilled and forgotten a week from now.   :idiot2:   :uglystupid2:   <:-)

God I wish I can finish some of the games I have. I'm making a concentrated effort that I think I will be able to finish Spider-Man in the next couple of months. Then it's devoting mega time into red dead
Insert witty comment here.