Decades Feeder Bracket - Wild Card 90s Week 6 Final 8

Started by MetalDog, February 20, 2018, 09:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

The great thing about these last Brackets is that, I am fairly confident that the songs I chose for the first two seeds are going to meet in the Championship.  Having said that, in no universe, discovered or undiscovered, is All the Small Things better than King Nothing.  Just sayin' ;)  Thanks for voting and have at!

The 1/9

The 4/12

The 6/14

The 2/10

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

^ I'm guessing you're liking monkey wrench being in that list... Grohl strikes again  :bd:

I think 'one', is one of my all time favourite U2 songs  :hug:  it's cool it's in the running  :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Steelgrave

"Black" is a great song and the lyrics are killer. Not one to listen to if you're already depressed though!

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on February 21, 2018, 08:11:32 PM
"Black" is a great song and the lyrics are killer. Not one to listen to if you're already depressed though!

Now you tell me.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on February 21, 2018, 08:13:23 PM

Now you tell me.

Quick! Watch this instead:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Emeraldlis on February 21, 2018, 06:29:59 PM
^ I'm guessing you're liking monkey wrench being in that list... Grohl strikes again  :bd:

I think 'one', is one of my all time favourite U2 songs  :hug:  it's cool it's in the running  :)

no, just that each paring had obvious favorites for me.  There's 4 great tunes in there and they are all still alive.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

"Black" actually figured rather prominently in a short story I wrote in my creative writing class in college

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 21, 2018, 08:27:27 PM
Quote from: mirth on February 21, 2018, 08:13:23 PM

Now you tell me.

Quick! Watch this instead:

hard not to laugh at that
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus