IL-2 Sturmovik - 1946 CUP mod is kaput!

Started by Jarhead0331, January 02, 2017, 03:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

..its now called "Battlefield-Airborne-Tactical" (B.A.T.) and...are you ready for it...it is a one-click install.

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,53512.0.html

The DL links are in the manual.

May be difficult to get if you have limited bandwidth or a slow connection. The BAT files, and there are 29 of them, weigh in at just under 50 GB. You also have to DL the SAS Mega Patch, which is 12 files itself, and is probably another 2 to 2.5 GB.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Bardolph

Will have to take my computer to go visit someplace with modern internet to D/L it lol.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Bardolph on January 02, 2017, 11:31:24 PM
Will have to take my computer to go visit someplace with modern internet to D/L it lol.

Yeah. It's been a difficult process so far. But I guess having a good mod that simulates the history of military aviation is worth some effort.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

I see that, rather than keeping a WW2 theme, this mod crosses many aviation era's.
While I do think the idea is nice, I don't think the game engine is well suited for the modern stuff.
Are they simulating avionics as well? At what fidelity if so?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

jomni

It's got that Thirdwire Strike Fighters 2 vibe.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 02, 2017, 03:08:30 PM
..its now called "Battlefield-Airborne-Tactical" (B.A.T.) and...are you ready for it...it is a one-click install.

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,53512.0.html

The DL links are in the manual.

May be difficult to get if you have limited bandwidth or a slow connection. The BAT files, and there are 29 of them, weigh in at just under 50 GB. You also have to DL the SAS Mega Patch, which is 12 files itself, and is probably another 2 to 2.5 GB.

Good stuff, thanks for sharing.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Maybe it's just my rig, but the BAT mod is not working...trashes my install. 

But the SAS super patch works well, and that alone is worth the price of admission.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: ArizonaTank on January 14, 2017, 05:11:55 PM

But the SAS super patch works well, and that alone is worth the price of admission.

It took a lot of time and frustration for me to get the mod working. The biggest problem seemed to be getting corrupt free files for the install...all 29 of them.

The most disappointing part of the experience was learning that the CUP/BAT community is filled with a bunch of self-important know it all douchebags. A really unhelpful community that expects you to read a 200 page manual before asking a single question.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 15, 2017, 07:18:22 AM

It took a lot of time and frustration for me to get the mod working. The biggest problem seemed to be getting corrupt free files for the install...all 29 of them.

The most disappointing part of the experience was learning that the CUP/BAT community is filled with a bunch of self-important know it all douchebags. A really unhelpful community that expects you to read a 200 page manual before asking a single question.

How did you know the files were corruption free?  They are all zip files, and seem to pass ZIPs internal checksum.  But I suspect there is a problem with the ones I brought down, since there is corruption, or incomplete files somewhere.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: ArizonaTank on January 15, 2017, 01:49:30 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 15, 2017, 07:18:22 AM

How did you know the files were corruption free?  They are all zip files, and seem to pass ZIPs internal checksum.  But I suspect there is a problem with the ones I brought down, since there is corruption, or incomplete files somewhere.

I downloaded a free program that scans rar files for problems.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

DoctorQuest

I managed to get everything downloaded successfully the first time. I used BitTorrent to get the BAT zips. It is all safely archived on my external backup drive. Whew!  O0

It seems to run fine on my rig with a little minor tuning. The biggest issue I've had is with the User Interface. When I set my resolution to my desktop default I get a CTD. I can manually update conf.ini and it works fine. The sim itself is running flawlessly with the basic BAT updates. I have not attempted any expansion packs yet.

Good find, JH. Thanks!
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: DoctorQuest on April 05, 2017, 10:45:04 AM
I managed to get everything downloaded successfully the first time. I used BitTorrent to get the BAT zips. It is all safely archived on my external backup drive. Whew!  O0

It seems to run fine on my rig with a little minor tuning. The biggest issue I've had is with the User Interface. When I set my resolution to my desktop default I get a CTD. I can manually update conf.ini and it works fine. The sim itself is running flawlessly with the basic BAT updates. I have not attempted any expansion packs yet.

Good find, JH. Thanks!

Awesome! Glad to hear. I had to manually configure my config.ini file, as well. I wasn't getting a CTD, but the image on my multi-monitor setup was all out of wack.

Definitely prioritize getting those expansion modules installed. They add so much to the mod and the game. Just make sure you follow the instructions carefully. I think it starts to get a little more complex around expansion 7 and then after expansion 9, there is a check point install. I'm patched through expansion 10 and there is just so much game here, its ridiculous.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog