Mission: In & Out (Warfighter AAR)

Started by PanzersEast, October 31, 2014, 12:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

OPERATION SWIFT KICK
WARFIGHTER - DVG

Situation:
We have received reliable intel that a high ranking insurgent commander is in the area and an attempt will be made to evacuate him via airlift.  Your mission to neutralize the helo if the target of opportunity presents itself, the package itself.  Time is of the essences so you must eliminate any hostiles that you encounter that profit you from reaching your object and neutralize the objective within an 11 hour window.

MISSION: IN AND OUT
Resources (41)
Time: 11

OBJECTIVE: VIP HELICOPTER

TEAM:

I have selected the following team.

Thomas
Loadout (11)
- 1) M16A2  3 / 3  "Resource / Loadout Cost"
- 1) Canteen  1 / 1
- 1) M67 Grenade 1 / 1

Giacomelli
Loadout (11)
- 1) M16A2 3 / 3
- 1) M67 Grenade 1 / 1

Samaniego [NPS]
- 1) MP5
- 1)First Aid Kit

Rome [Squad]

RESOURCE POINT DISTRIBUTION:

7 = Thomas
9 = Giacomelli
8 = Samaniego
6 = Rome
6 = X2 M16A2
2 = X2 M67 Grenade
1 = X1 Canteen

39 Total

I have 2 Resource Points left over which I will retain for the mission.  Thomas and Giacomelli both are regular soldiers while  Samaniego is a NPS (Non Playable Solider) which means he still has 2 actions, however he does not draw cards like Thomas and Giacomelli from the Action deck.  Giacomelli  is a medic and carries a Med Kit.  Rome is a squad and does not draw action cards as well, however has 2 actions to spend per turn.  We have 11 turns to reach and complete our objective, I will post more detail as we progress through the mission.

MISSION RECON:

Our Insertion Point

The Team

JudgeDredd

Very, VERY cool   O0

Thanks so much for doing this. It will help my transition when I get mine (still at customs!  :knuppel2: )
Alba gu' brath

PanzersEast

TURN I

THOMAS ACTION I
Thomas plays the Location Card CITADEL costing 1 Action to play

The team identifies a Sniper and Insurgents who are held up in the structure

THOMAS ACTION II
The Team takes cover and Thomas opens up with his M16A2 Rile at a Range of 1

He plays Prepared Fire (Defeat Cover roll as being a 6.)

The Sniper has a Cover Rating of 5 so I defeat his rating.

I decide to fire a burst which allows me x2 10 sited die.

I fire and miss badly with a 1 causing Thomas to expend his ammunition.  The other roll was a miss as well.

Because I defeated the Snipers cover but missed the kill shot, he is now Suppressed and cannot fire during his next turn.

GIACOMELLI  ACTION I

Giamcomelli plays COMBINED FIRE, giving all solider during this turn a +1 to their ranged attack roll.

Giamcomelli  opens up with his M16A2 at a range of 1 with burst, I roll a 3 and do not defeat the Snipers cover.

GIACOMELLI  ACTION II

Giamcomelli  again opens up with his M16A2 at a range of 1 with burst at the Sniper, I defeat his Cover with a roll of 8 (needed 5).

I roll for hits and even at a +1 roll I miss both shots and one cost him to expend his ammo.  He will also have to take a action and reload next round.

ROME [SQUAD] ACTION I

Rome has 2 actions he can take this turn and decides to fire at the sniper.  The main reason I want to get rid of the Sniper in addition to his lethality, is because he requires an additional +3 entry cost and SAMANIEGO had a move rating of 3 and he cannot fire at range with the MP5 so I want to move him in.

Rome at a range of 1 needs 7 or higher to kill the Sniper and a 5 or better to defeat the cover.

I roll and just missed defeating the cover with a roll of 4.

ROME [SQUAD] ACTION II

Again Rome takes aim at the Sniper but this time I defate the cover and score a direct hit to the sniper which now is KIA.

For that Kill, ROME recieved 3 XP points (The XP Value for the Sniper)

SAMANIEGO [NPS] ACTION I

SAMANIEGO moves in after the Sniper is taken down.

Using the card ON POINT from GIACOMELLI   and spending 1 XP from ROME, we reduce the entrance cost by 2, nullyfing the added cost +2 that is on the Insurgents card.  This would cost a total of 5 because the CITADEL is 3 to enter with the Insurgents, their card adds a +2, however ON POINT is -2 which brings the cost to 3.  GIACOMELLI    is a NPS and his movement is 3 so he is able to enter (has to be = or > the entrance cost)

SAMANIEGO [NPS] ACTION II

With the +1 still in effect SAMANIEGO  fires at the Insurgents and defeats their cover with a 4 (3 is needed)

Then he lets loose his MP5 for a full Auto round and hits one of the Insurgents (needs a total of 4 to eliminate).

SAMANIEGO [NPS] ACTION II

SAMANIEGO has 3 actions and with his last action he fires the MP5 at range 0 again.

He defeats the cover by rolling a 5 (3 Needed), however his shots go wide and the Insurgents become Suppressed.

END SOLIDER ACTIONS

As you can see we still have 3 Insurgents to clear out from the CITADEL before moving on.  It will be their turn to attack us next.  I am trying to hang on to the grenades until we reach the objective, but who knows.

JudgeDredd

keep going - looking forward to this

I've just received word my copy arrived at work when I was off on Friday. that doesn't bode well for my Blood And Bridges AAR
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Samaniego's MP5 is suppressed (stealth).
Shouldn't he get a stealth bonus (automatic cover roll of 6) for his first attack for the turn?
But no worries, the first attack was a success anyway.

Nefaro

Nice AAR, Panzers.  You gonna put a copy or link of it up on BGG too?  I don't think there are (m)any available there for it yet.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on November 07, 2014, 09:11:19 PM
Nice AAR, Panzers.  You gonna put a copy or link of it up on BGG too?  I don't think there are (m)any available there for it yet.

Yea, but getting ready to post a new one.... I wanted to show off more of the skills and equipment so we are going to the Jungle to attack a convoy. 

PE