The Vainglory of Grogheads - Pride of Nations PBEM AAR

Started by undercovergeek, September 11, 2014, 03:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

No.. I think they were attacked by the British..  :-[

JasonPratt

Depends on where merchants come from, as to how degraded they are.

French and Italian merchants for example have bad reputations; but just imagine how degraded the merchants would be from some fictional country existing in between them...  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

I think I found your ck2 island off the coast of Africa last night

Tuna

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 31, 2014, 09:39:20 PM
Depends on where merchants come from, as to how degraded they are.

French and Italian merchants for example have bad reputations; but just imagine how degraded the merchants would be from some fictional country existing in between them...  :D

These Merchants I sent home from Trade boxes where the British had warships, also I see 'action' messages now and then in those boxes.. So I know it was the Brits!

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 01, 2014, 05:07:26 AM
I think I found your ck2 island off the coast of Africa last night

Kewl! I was starting to wonder if it was in-game, and if someone would run across it while colonizing Africa and the Arabias.

(I'm sorry I've been too sick and busy to update that; possibly tonight.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

bbmike

Er, if it's 1853 what's with the advanced looking French ships in that fifth screenshot?  ???
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Silent Disapproval Robot

I think that's just the default graphic that pops up whenever a naval engagement takes place.  The actual units are represented on the unit cards and most ships are still sail.  The Turks do somehow manage to have a few paddle-wheelers in the eastern Black Sea though.  I've got them bottled up in port.

Tuna

Yeah.. the graphic made me do a doubletake too.. but the unit cards down below were all Sailing ships.. No Dreadnaughts yet!

Tuna

And here I was wondering if the AI was smart enough to do invasions.. Earlier I have moved two big Armies on to the Channel just in case. Low and behold Wellington invades Southern France!

I try and move General Harispe's Army into the region, but with a 'brown' envelope, who knows what will happen  :-\

undercovergeek

JasonPratt

Considering that you're nearby, you could lend him some observation balloons, allowing him to observe how badly Wellington is mauling his armies.   :buck2:  :'(

Silent Disapproval Robot

Sucky turn for me as well.  The Turks and I had been sneering at each other over the border near Tiblisi.  Two turns ago, some Chechens started rebelling so I pulled a small cavalry contingent away from my army guarding the border and sent them north to deal with the rebels.  That slight weakening was all it took for the Turks to decide to cross.  There were a series of fights in and around Tiblisi that I ended up losing.  The Turks are now in there with an Army rated at 2,200 strength and the biggest I've got anywhere even close is only 740.  Tiblisi is one of my core victory point locations so I'm losing a lot of prestige as well as national morale and the rebellious provinces are getting more so.  On the plus side, I'm only two provinces away from Istanbul and they've only got a 350 point army defending it against my 1700 point one.  (of course I can't see past Istanbul due to fog of war so who knows what's lurking nearby?)

Martok

Quote from: Tuna on November 02, 2014, 07:06:51 PM
And here I was wondering if the AI was smart enough to do invasions.. Earlier I have moved two big Armies on to the Channel just in case. Low and behold Wellington invades Southern France!
Yikes!  So much for talking peace with the Brits, I guess (at least for now).  :( 

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 02, 2014, 10:40:37 PM
Sucky turn for me as well.  The Turks and I had been sneering at each other over the border near Tiblisi.  Two turns ago, some Chechens started rebelling so I pulled a small cavalry contingent away from my army guarding the border and sent them north to deal with the rebels.  That slight weakening was all it took for the Turks to decide to cross.  There were a series of fights in and around Tiblisi that I ended up losing.  The Turks are now in there with an Army rated at 2,200 strength and the biggest I've got anywhere even close is only 740.  Tiblisi is one of my core victory point locations so I'm losing a lot of prestige as well as national morale and the rebellious provinces are getting more so.  On the plus side, I'm only two provinces away from Istanbul and they've only got a 350 point army defending it against my 1700 point one.  (of course I can't see past Istanbul due to fog of war so who knows what's lurking nearby?)
Huh, I'm surprised Tiblisi is a core VP location for the Russkies.  Does/did the city have historical significance to them? 

Keeping my fingers crossed the Turks were stupid enough to leave Istanbul under-defended... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

WHATEVER RUSSIA TAKES IS A POINT OF VIKTORY FOR RUSSIA! TO EVER LOSE IS GREAT SHAME AND TO TAKE AGAIN IS VIKTORY! :D

(Actual geopolitical strategy of Vlad Putin right now.)

Also, Russia is so vastly huge, and fluctuates so much over time, sure I'm willing to buy almost any city I've never heard of is a Victory Point for Russia.  ;)

(Also a probable geopolitical strategy for Putin right now.)

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak