Main Menu

Starflight 3

Started by bbmike, July 29, 2018, 08:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Dear God, let it be and sign me up! Starflight was my first computer game.  :smitten:

Starflight 3 by HumaNature

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

DennisS

Starflight 1, when it loads, starts with the little guy tapping his foot. First game my wife ever got into.

Oddly, every time you saved the game, it rewrote the executable. To start a new game, you had to reinstall the entire program. Still a great game, and if they remastered it, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Rayfer

Never played either of the first two....but the trailer for 3 is certainly intriguing.  One to follow.

Staggerwing

GOG has Starflight 1 and 2  available for DOS, for around $6 USD
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 29, 2018, 11:27:02 AM
GOG has Starflight 1 and 2  available for DOS, for around $6 USD

If you can get past the graphics that's worth it.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

FlickJax

Looks good, I played the 2nd one a lot :)

FarAway Sooner

I loved the original Starflight but could never get the sequel to load on my dad's Zenith 0086 machine!  Ah, those were the good old days!!

I'll never forget the first time I defeated a Gazurtoid (?) gunboat, I felt like hot crap.  Until I encountered my first Uhlek ship...

SirAndrewD

One of the best games I've ever played.   This is like Christmas.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback