CJReich46

You may resume your loin moistening.  >:D

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Wow! That's quite the announcement trailer.  :notworthy:

Geezer

Impressive.  Too bad the game will look noting like that.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

glen55

Quote from: Geezer on November 01, 2019, 04:15:13 PM
Impressive.  Too bad the game will look noting like that.

Yeah, that looks more like the chapter cinematics they had in the last couple of games for the incomprehensible "story."

My hope is that they pretend Diablo III never happened and finally give us what we've been waiting on all these years: Diablo II with modern graphics.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Tpek

I've actually grown somewhat fond of D3 some time ago.
I've been thinking of getting back into it, as I've yet to have all classes in max level.

Gusington

D3 is great for shutting your brain off and killing 1 million small demons and one larger one.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Yeah, true.  And the PS4 version is good for couch co-op.  My boy loves to play it with me.

Gusington

Just watched the trailer...has to be one of the best ever produced, regardless of what the game is like.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Interesting.  I have to confess, I've never played any of the Diablo games.  Not sure why, I just haven't. 

I'm aware that 3 is generally considered sub-par, but that the first two are good.  Here's hoping IV is a return to form. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Yskonyn

3 was considered subpar because the base game was pretty light on content on release. It was a typical modern day game launch; get it out there and we'll fix and add along the way.

Then there was the cartoony art style that many didn't like too much.

Aside from the artstyle I think the complete package as it runs now is considered to be a good game. Its just a typical 'modern day' game with lots of 'keep running on the threadmill' stuff to seduce you to get to the carrot.

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

That trailer scared the crap out of me  :hide:
Alba gu' brath

FarAway Sooner

That was an awful good trailer.  Knowing nothing yet about the D4 game play, I am curious as to why, with sufficient production budget, it seems much easier to make a great trailer than to make a great game?

I hope D4 is as good as the trailer.  Because that trailer was AWESOME...

Gusington

There is a gameplay trailer floating around - it isn't instantly recognizable as Diablo, for better or worse.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

One of the only game memories I have of being betryed by a friend was in diablo2. I kept giving my coop mate gear because he was very "hungry" and I did not care. He ended playing higher levels and would not come back to help me level.
Also my first experience of being ganked was online as lvl1. People of lvl50 would come down and get you only five minutes into playing.

Oh and my first experience of a sore mouse finger. I have to say, without some kind of auto attack I just cannot see myself clicking on very itty bitty monster through dungeons
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"