Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Destraex on October 19, 2019, 05:19:04 PMThey are working on a mystery modern jet as well. Apparently it is much loved but not thr a6.

F-111 F-111 F-111 F-111!!!  :dreamer:

(Didn't we have a prayer smiley?)

QuoteThe cobra also seems a very long way off.

At least they're doing that! -- news to me.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mikeck

I thought I'd read somewhere that they were doing the F-15e next. Not sure where. But I'd love the F-111. If they want a non-US plane, then the Panavia Tornado would be a blast
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

JudgeDredd

Oooh...plus one for the tornado
Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

Quote from: mikeck on October 20, 2019, 12:06:40 PM
I thought I'd read somewhere that they were doing the F-15e next. Not sure where.

True, so I didn't count that as a mystery modern jet.  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

mbar

Nooooooooooo.  :hide: :'( My F-4

"While we hope to simulate the Cobra someday (as well as the F-4E), it's not on our immediate production plan. Our current production for new aircraft is the P-47D, Mi-24, and Mosquito. Between these and supporting exiting aircraft, we are already very, very, very busy. When the guys at BST were moved back to the mothership, former BST project plans had to be revaluated. Sorry for any confusion."

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4079913&postcount=3

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mbar on October 22, 2019, 11:14:15 AM
Nooooooooooo.  :hide: :'( My F-4

"While we hope to simulate the Cobra someday (as well as the F-4E), it's not on our immediate production plan. Our current production for new aircraft is the P-47D, Mi-24, and Mosquito. Between these and supporting exiting aircraft, we are already very, very, very busy. When the guys at BST were moved back to the mothership, former BST project plans had to be revaluated. Sorry for any confusion."

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4079913&postcount=3

I'm thrilled about the Hind (although they are certainly not developing my preferred variant), but word that the Cobra is not in production is definitely a big disappointing blow... :'(
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

......kind of okay trading a Hind for a Cobra, I guess.

Wolverines are deadly against either one, so...

mikeck

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 20, 2019, 01:33:48 PM
Quote from: mikeck on October 20, 2019, 12:06:40 PM
I thought I'd read somewhere that they were doing the F-15e next. Not sure where.

True, so I didn't count that as a mystery modern jet.  :coolsmiley:

No, I get it. Just trying to wish it into reality more quicker and fasterer
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

WW2 planes first huh?
Rant on: "finally someone is simulating WW2 aircraft instead of ANOTHER F-111, F-4 or F-15e simulation! Yawn"
Rant off

I'm glad to finally find a flight sim I enjoy. Plenty of time for me to finish learning the f-18 and learn the f-16

Skoop

That's terrible news about the cobra.  The sim really needs a true blue force attack helo.  Something that can loft 8 to 16 hellfire with flir and gimbal mounted gun.  It probaly comes down to the similarities of already developed systems from the shark and hip that make the hind the quick score choice for them.  In a similar way that the f18 lead to an easier dev cycle for the f16.

mikeck

Wish another outfit would make one for them. Isnt that what heatblur did with the F-14? Or Razbam with the Av-8 and Mirage 2k?

MengJiao

Quote from: mikeck on October 24, 2019, 08:25:02 PM
Wish another outfit would make one for them. Isnt that what heatblur did with the F-14? Or Razbam with the Av-8 and Mirage 2k?

What does the "BST back to mothership" thing mean? 

Jarhead0331

^BST is Belsimtek. They were a third party developer that I believe has been folded back in to Eagle Dynamics. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 25, 2019, 10:41:53 AM
^BST is Belsimtek. They were a third party developer that I believe has been folded back in to Eagle Dynamics.

Cool!  Thanks!

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 19, 2019, 08:07:57 PM
Wow!  Mosquito in 2020!  Crazy!!!

Inside the I-16.   The sale is here!  This thing only costs 20 bucks!  The Mosquito should work a lot better!