Main Menu

Motion of FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, October 18, 2019, 04:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moreb

Work and more work and a little of the new Mius Front dlc. I'm excited about this.

Tomorrow with the kids and grandchildren for the evening. The little ones still think we're the sh*t.  :smitten:
When dongles fly? - mirth

JasonPratt

ArkAsy is a good choice for one more reason: as the first game produced in the series, you can proceed in release order as you get better at the games!  :coolsmiley: (The release order being next ArkCity, ArkOrigins, and then ArkKnight.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, strolling through the Shadow of Mor-dough grind ;), I've reached the point where the game starts allowing me to take "Vendetta" missions against orc captains who slew real-life Steam friends in the game!

So I just avenged JudgeDredd. I have no idea when the last time was that JD even played ShoM.  :))

LongBlade will be the next to avenge apparently; I think he played the game a little more than 4 hours seven years ago. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

You'll probably find me in there too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Yes, you can certainly can enjoy BG2 without playing BG1 but it's like walking in halfway through a really good movie. If you don't mind that then go ahead. You can transfer your character over from BG1 but it doesn't come over, 'as is' meaning you still pick the skills and assign the attribute points and such like a new character. BG2 is also quite long and features some very tough opponents beside demons. Such as high level mages, vampires, beholders ( I HATE them), golems, and.... DRAGONS. However you can always switch the difficulty level whenever you want or need to. Also.... some truly EPIC items and spells are included. And a great story.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Similar types of enemies in BG1?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Less tough stuff. Less epic loot but still good fights and story as I recall. It's been a l-o-n-g time.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Not sure how it's handled in the modern edition of BG1, but in the original version if you want to roll up more than one character and play them together in your party (rather than just have one character rolled up as the main character who picks up NPCs to manage and lead along the way), you set up a multiplayer game with only one player and port in the characters you roll up.

This leads to an interesting situation where whichever 'player-character' is first in line will be the main character currently around which the plot adjusts to develop, so who gets into all the main plot and side plot conversations.

It also leads to an unavoidable game-over party-wipe in the original version of BG1, if you run across a minor sidequest involving a neired or dryad or some nymph of that sort: she kisses and kills the first person in the group! This can be a game-over anyway if you're only playing one character and are the first in line (which is why if you're only playing one character you should never be first in line ;) ); but if you've got a number of player-characters in co-op mode (even if you're solo-ing them in co-op mode so to speak) then the chances of her crushing your game (...pun not originally intended!...) rise proportionately. (.......pun also not originally intended!...)

Hopefully that broken side-quest has been fixed in the modern remake of BG1. ;) But it does exemplify another point which is that no matter how many 'player-characters' you bring along in co-op (whether with other human beings or by yourself), you should always leave one slot for an NPC, since sometimes you'll need them for plot details anyway.

Gusington

O0

Arkham Asylum first, then BG1 for me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

KyzBP

***UPDATE***

I changed my mind.  I bought the remaining Blood Bowl II teams I was missing and am now playing that.

al_infierno

I finished John Wick Hex last night.  The final boss was super easy, barely an inconvenience, especially considering how tough the second one was.  Very good game and definitely worth the $20, but the end-game content is a tad disappointing in its difficulty considering how much I struggled with the second boss, and expected it to just get tougher from there.  Not that the later levels were a breeze, but nothing a little tactical min-maxing couldn't beat.  :knuppel2:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

jamus34

Played some Oxygen not Included and Slay the Spire

Thinking about reintroducing myself to Dominions 4 and or some other graphically minimal fantasy 4x

Also after every time watching my daughters soccer game I get a hankering to play some Football Manager so may do that too
Insert witty comment here.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on October 18, 2019, 07:34:10 PM
... I may have to fire that up, finally.

Just my usual: DCS and Dreadnoughts.

al_infierno

Quote from: al_infierno on October 18, 2019, 02:02:44 PM
My gaming habits have been all over the place lately.  I've been balls-deep in John Wick Hex, which is a surprisingly satisfying tactical experience.  Now and then I'll switch things up with some Tekken 7 or my latest Crusader Kings 2 playthrough where I'm actually trying to play as a Ned Stark-esque good guy for once!  (Spoiler alert: It doesn't go quite as planned!)

CC: The Bloody First has been calling my name as well.  There was a new patch the other day that seems to have tightened the game up quite a bit.  On the initial First Blood defense scenario, the Germans actually put up a vicious fight for once!  Might have to sink some serious time into this game, lately I've only been playing it piecemeal due to the 1.0 jank.

Important update on my "good guy" campaign in CK2: I just smothered a 4 month old baby.  Whoops. 

She was the product of my niece being kidnapped and forced to become a pagan concubine so it's totally justified, I swear!  I killed her captor and rescued her, and decided to "rescue" her from her baby as well.  My character is the embodiment of paragon and virtue.   :-"  That "the cleansing flame" nickname is just happenstance.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao