Might Have Finally Hit Wall with Matrix....

Started by Grim.Reaper, October 16, 2019, 06:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

If I am not mistaken, tomorrow I should get my annual big coupon from matrix.....and for the first time in forever, not sure I have anything left from them to buy especially in the next 30 days.....so depressing:(

Maybe War Plan, but don't think anything else major coming out soon enough.....could consider Fantasy General II but have heard very little on that one.

Simply might be a year I pass on stuff.....kind of depressing leading into the annual xmas sale, can't imagine getting anything there either:(

Now if the new Command Ops happened to drop in next 30 days, then I would have something for sure:)  Not much of a chance for that I assume....

RommelFox

My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: RommelFox on October 16, 2019, 07:12:45 PM

According to a recent post on the Steam forums, Command Ops should be soon:  https://steamcommunity.com/app/321410/discussions/0/3159763879071150571/

That's an interesting tease.....wonder if by "pretty soon" they mean this year or not......with my luck, it will be the day after my coupon expires.

mbar

One year I ended up buying a DLC for Heroes of Normandie for only a couple of bucks with my discount. Sometines the timing just isn't there.

-budd-

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 16, 2019, 07:21:47 PM

According to a recent post on the Steam forums, Command Ops should be soon:  https://steamcommunity.com/app/321410/discussions/0/3159763879071150571/

That's an interesting tease.....wonder if by "pretty soon" they mean this year or not......with my luck, it will be the day after my coupon expires.

Command Ops is sold by LnL now, Matrix coupon won't work there. No interest in Armored Brigade? FOG:Empires?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: -budd- on October 16, 2019, 08:07:02 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 16, 2019, 07:21:47 PM

Command Ops is sold by LnL now, Matrix coupon won't work there. No interest in Armored Brigade? FOG:Empires?

meant modern command operations, the link is about its news.  own all the others listed.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: mbar on October 16, 2019, 07:32:49 PM
One year I ended up buying a DLC for Heroes of Normandie for only a couple of bucks with my discount. Sometines the timing just isn't there.

yep,  might be nothing or something small, we'll see.  although very appreciative to get the coupons, i wish they had a longer date of being usable instead of only 30 days. but i guess no matter when you get it or how long good, you still run the risk on missing out on something based on timing.  my coupon did arrive today, so the clock is now ticking:)

airboy

I picked up Fantasy General.  But I've got a couple of other things higher priority to actually play.

Sir Slash

Let's have an Airboy Opinion Piece about FG if you please. Why is it every time I read, 'Fantasy General' my mind cuts to images of Pole Dancers and cheerleaders?  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Steelgrave

Because....you hang around us degenerates???

JasonPratt

I understand what those might have to do with "fantasy", but the "general" part is throwing me...  ???

My discount should be kicking into gear sometime during the Christmas/NY sale, as usual, although close to the end of it. Came close to hitting the wall last year; unsure about this year. (Galactica Season 2 maybe...?)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

RommelFox

Quote from: Steelgrave on October 17, 2019, 10:01:46 AM
Because....you hang around us degenerates???

I make all of my moral decisions based off of this forum.  Is that a mistake?

My coupon was in August, and I ended up not getting anything either, but I have more than enough to do right now, and nothing really struck my fancy.

I wish they'd remake the old Legion game.  I really enjoyed it when it came out.   
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 17, 2019, 11:31:40 AM
I understand what those might have to do with "fantasy", but the "general" part is throwing me...  ???

It's as opposed to the "specific fantasy" - which is probably best left unsaid...

JasonPratt

....generals of particular armed forces across the world pole dancing?

(Note: there is probably an anime about this.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!