Fog:Emp multiplayer 2 -- BARBARIANS ARISE (game 2 running)

Started by JasonPratt, September 15, 2019, 02:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Things get a lot more crowded out to the East, as you might expect. The Iberians, Colchs, and/or Alans were the only small factions which looked easy to manage at the start and also weren't facing one of the Successors out of the gate. Be aware that the Selucids are only two territories away from Iberia, though.

(Update: Speedy has chosen the Alans, Martok the Iberians.)

(The Mauryans in India, along with the Saka and/or the Bactrians, could be a good team, but they have a lot more territories to manage and the Selucs will be all up in their face from turn 1.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Saba and the Qats each only start with one territory, so are super-easy to manage. They have a lot of expansion opportunities together in Arabia, and then across the Red Sea into East Africa (where the Ethiopians and Nubians hold lots of land, though also plenty of land to pick up.) You'll be dealing with all three large Successors eventually (Ptolemics, Antigonids, Selucids), but it'll be a while. A back-to-back bro team here could go far!

Update: Blucher and I will be teaming up as the Qats and the Sabs respectively.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

North Africa didn't feature much of what I was looking for, thanks to Egypt and Carthage. These two Numidian brethren have the most potential.

JasonPratt

Spain was more problematic than I was expecting, too, but Emporia and the Aquitani might be able to reach across the mountains to grasp hands, and do some expanding before being totally surrounded by enemies on all sides!

JasonPratt

Bouncing the topic! -- has anyone chosen teams (aside from MD and Tuna)?

Huw the Poo

Oh, sorry Jason.  I guess I should represent the British Isles!

Barthheart

Huw the Poo

JasonPratt

Okay we've got MD and Tuna for the Northwest Continent Celtic team. (I think MD was going to take Belgium, unsure about Tuna yet? -- you've got a few options.)

Huw and Bart for the Britain/Brigand back-to-back team.

Speedy

JasonPratt

They sure have a tough row to hoe! So who wants to 'row' with the Alanni?

Here's the Caucasus area for reference again (click to toggle embiggening):

If someone takes Iberia or Colchis, you'll have the Alans' back, sort of, but you'll have Armenia and the whichever other you didn't choose staring over your hills at you. (Note that Colchis has a trading port further counter-clockwise up on the Black Sea with a neutral/enemy tribe between there and the Colchy heartland.)

Taking the Bosporans might be an interesting teamwork choice, but then you'll leave the Alans with two potential-or-actual hostiles on his border. (Keep in mind the Scythians are up north between y'all and the rest of Asia/Europe, too.)

JasonPratt

I'm hanging back right now to give everyone else first pick and to be a team-up if anyone needs it. Currently if no one else teams up in the Caucuses I'll team with Speedy's Alans, at his choice of who to pick. (Iberri, Colchis, or Bosps.)

Barthheart

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 29, 2019, 02:31:45 PM
I am honoured!  And scared!

:bd:

Huw: Which do you want Brits or Brigands? I've got no problem with either.

Huw the Poo

I'll take the Brits then matey.  Also, I have no idea what I'm doing, so you are very much The Boss.  Feel free to order me around.  And in the game!

Barthheart

Well then we should make a right cock up of Britain then as I don't really know what I'm doing either.  :D

As long as we keep the bloody Romans out it's all good.