Super Bowl LI Running Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 05, 2017, 11:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

During the first half, sideline cameras repeatedly caught Belichick looking intense (wait, that's his only expression) and writing things down on a notepad, collaring players to give individual insights and instructions to, scheming with his coaches....I thought going into halftime that the Pats were in deep trouble given how seldom they have to play from behind, but the whole first half Belichick's gears were turning. I remember when Butler made that interception two Super Bowls ago against Seattle, Butler said repeatedly it was because they were coached to watch for that play. When you have that caliber of coaching, you always have a chance.

Brady had a fourth quarter for the ages, of course. The Falcons played Brady textbook for most of the game, putting pressure on him, hitting him....often that's enough to get Brady frustrated (especially with some of the dropped passes earlier in the game). But I never saw that in him this game.

Easily one of the best game's I think I've seen, especially the second half. Kudos to the Falcons, they're young and they will be battling the cream of the NFC next season for a return trip. But once again, the NFL belongs to the Pats. Helluva Super Bowl.

Steelgrave

^repeating myself....damn keyboard.

Marty Ward

The Saints led the league in average number of offensive plays last year with ~69 per game. The Falcons averaged ~62. The Pats averaged ~66, they ran almost 50% more than they averaged for the year in the biggest game of the year. Simply amazing.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

In part, b/c they had to.  As one guy said on the radio yesterday - "they had to score a bunch; there's no 18-point touchdown option"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

I have it on good authority that Putin hacked the second half.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Tom Brady's stolen Super Bowl jersey has been found.  The NFL released a statement saying it was stolen by a credentialed member of the international media.

http://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/843813278677696512/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

Apparently some folks will do just about anything to get their hands on memorabilia.  :crazy2: 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Now the FBI can focus on investigating how the Falcons choked away that 25 point lead.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

I thought the Twitter genius brigade already determined the Falcons lost do to racism.