This Weekend's Feature: A Preview of Decisive Campaigns - Barbarossa

Started by bayonetbrant, November 14, 2015, 06:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

I'm all-in. Though a little worried they don't turn this into a "Card Game" or add a layer of PC morality. The new Supply mechanic looks very intriguing.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

It's no more a "card game" than the last 2 in the series.
And there's no PC morality.... only a choice if you want to deal with "real" war happenings or not. Choice is always good.
O0

Sir Slash

That sounds great Barth. I don't want nobody messin' wid my GAME.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

-budd-

Nice write up, plenty of pictures is always good. At this point i'm in the camp of any wargame that wants to be different is a good thing. I am a little concerned about the time frame and replayability given its only one scenario. Hope Slitherine doesn't price people out, worries me when slitherine calls it a "big game" . I'm a fan of Vic's games so its a given that i will be picking this up at some point. Thanks again for the preview.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.