Halloween

Started by besilarius, September 10, 2019, 05:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Demons are no fun to mess with, true; but I try to think of it as an opportunity to evangelize them!  :D

(There's something in one of St. Paul's epistles about that. ;) )

Anyway, if you get easily creeped out for a few days after hearing about something along this line, then I might dis-recommend. It verges into some monstrous territory, in the middle of an old abandoned office building. (No spoilers.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Gusington

^Nice! One of my favorite stories.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

We bought a 6 movie collection of epic Universal Monster Movies:
Dracula
Wolfman
The Mummy
Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein
The Invisible Man

watched Dracula and the Mummy in the last month and both were excellent.

JasonPratt

I'm not as fond of the first Dracula film (from Universal) as I feel like I should be.

I picked up the full collection of DVDs some time ago (minus the Black Lagoon films) -- this was the infamous set that came very badly coded or pressed or something, with Godawful skipping problems.  :pullhair: Amazon got a lot of returns, and naturally they kept cycling back out from Amazon; once I realized that, I didn't bother trying to return them. Generally the Dracula films are much weaker than their counterparts (possibly excluding the Mummy films, which lack a good antagonist creature character). That really shouldn't be true, because Dracula is by far the best monster-character -- and it isn't that the actors do a bad job exactly (Lon Chaney's attempt somewhat excepted). The surrounding productions are just weak. When the best produced and overall-acted Dracula film is the one with Abbot and Costello (which is seriously very good), that's a problem.

Of course, watching Lugosi and... um... I think it's Andrew Van Sloan (playing Van Helsing)... just flatten everyone around them (except each other) with their acting, never ceases to be entertaining. But they aren't in the film a lot.

I agree, incidentally, that the Spanish version shot at the same time on the same set (with different cast and crew), is overall better. The actor playing Dracula can't stand up next to Lugosi, but no one could. (That should be on the disc, nowadays; it was on my DVD.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"

Gusington

^I'm too afraid to click that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"

Sir Slash

Pillars of Eternity 2 has much more of a, 'spooky' feel to it than the first game. Lots of areas are VERY dark requiring you to have a torch, or torches, to see where you are going and some areas have piles of dead bodies that can sicken your characters as you pass close to them. And the lighting casts long, dark shadows that follow your party. Along with the sound effects it can be mildly scary.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

This thread needs some more Halloween cosplay.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Love her fan. In fact I could be a fan of her fan. Especially if it were tan. Also love the way the breeze is blowing her cape but nothing else. I'm always very impressed by selective wind application.  :nerd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback