Anthem from Bioware

Started by Gusington, June 10, 2017, 04:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

HoodedHorseJoe

Managed two pretty decent sessions of the Beta over the weekend. Only got to Level 13 because the end-demo dungeon has a crash bug in it so we kept getting dropped, but I did unlock a new Javelin - chose the Storm, which is fun when you learn how to use it properly.

Me and my friend group have adopted a 'wait and see' attitude on both this and The Division 2, and playing hasn't changed that for me. I think I'm still leaning towards D2 at the moment, but only because I miss having a cover system.

But there are bits of Anthem I enjoyed and can appreciate. A little bit underwhelmed by the 'archetypes' the game offers to you - I'd quite happily main as the jack-of-all-trades Ranger, but it seems to not have anything it genuinely excels in. Diversity in itself is not a strength in a game about numbers.

I had fun with the Storm, don't get be wrong... just got to float about like some kind of badass and rain lightening down on people.

My two friends each tried the Colossus and the Interceptor... the Interceptor's melee focus sounds interesting on paper but not sure how well it fits into this particular game. I'm reminded of how uncomfortable melee is in Warframe.

Colossus is just a tank with a literal shield - it's never been an archetype I've been drawn too.

Yeah it was ok. Fights are chaotic and it can be hard to know what's going on (which made me miss cover). A lot of things didn't explain themselves that well, and we didn't make use of combos as much as we could of. Technical performance of the demo was largely good, except for the dungeon crash.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.