[closed]Dom 4 Christmas 2016 !

Started by Yskonyn, December 03, 2016, 01:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkivcs

Are we starting with inactive pretenders or do they appear next turn? Mine is AWOL at present.

JasonPratt

Oh, you too?! Huh. I noticed mine was inactive, and then wondered if I had set mine to dormant (surely not imprisoned, although three of the AIs I created are imprisoned; four or five are dormant.)

Also, I got into family TV time last night and forgot I was supposed to send photos of my starting position. Consequently when I got upstairs, I ended up studying for my new AAR project instead.  :-[

I should pull up my Caelum pretender's original file and check his status.

Is anyone else having this problem?! Jamus, you sent your move in first: was your disciple on deck?

We have ground to be concerned, since we know that the new update has at least slightly changed the coding for what counts as legal pretenders. Although I don't recall seeing "Caelum" on the "cheating" list. (I also don't recall seeing whether any of the non-dorm-prisoned AIs were characters available for action with their first general and scout, but I was trying my best not to pay attention to their starting detail and that information would have been on the left of the screen when I was trying not to even see much on the right side. Consequently, my lack of remembering there means nothing.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

I did not see evidence of my disciple. I do not recall if I set it up as dormant or imprisoned or if I even had the option due to being a disciple instead of a pretender.

Also I am east of of you JP by 4-5 sectors
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Well, that's disturbing-er. Not decisive yet, but more disturbing.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

mkivcs

Is our faction leader dormant? if so we will be dormant for half the period till he wakes. If this is the case then fine everything is working ok, we've just hitched our trailer to a lazy god.

JasonPratt

I'm sort of looking forward to the challenge of trying to bootstrap up a faction without ANY pretender active ever!  :2funny:

JasonPratt

I double-checked, and my Pretender should definitely be awake. So unless Ysk can verify that his Pretender starts dormant or imprisoned, we're in trouble.

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, here's the map with everyone on it! -- I just realized when taking this snapshot that I can see the rest of us on the map, which somehow I hadn't noticed when playing my turn. I blame absent-mindedness and my new glasses which were supposed to be superior at difficult high-power prescriptions but which have made my astigmatism significantly worse.  :P

I'm a little south of dead center. Here's a zoom:

I think the circles on those adjacent territories mean I can't march things there on foot across the river; but most of my faction troops can fly so that's no big whoop. I'm hiring some melee and archers this turn (all of whom can fly and carry magical weapons), plus starting up my group of most-cost-effective researchers. I'm sending my initial scout to the area with the arrow-path (over the river), to the only adjacent territory with any fields. (And also mountains, so the two bonuses and maluses average out I guess.)

I don't think we set up the game for the thrones on the map to mean anything, but they're there anyway: I haven't played Dom 4 before, so I don't know whether they confer benefits beyond a special scoring criteria to be set up before gamestart.

Yskonyn

My pretender is Dormant, so I expected him to not be at his throne yet. ;)

I have sent in my turn as well. Just about to set C'tis to AI and I think we should be all set.  :smitten:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Beowulf and Mkvci need to put their turns in still...
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

The system is not sending me the turn for C'Tis. Have requested a resend twice no, but I don't receive it.
Jason could you set the email to you and try?

JasonPratt

Okay, good, Ysk's dormancy (not to be confused with Ys' dormancy! -- since Ys is an AI team in this game ;) ) is making us half-dormant. That answers that problem.

I've set the C'Tis to my email address as requested and resent the turn. It arrived no problem, but it'll be another 45 minutes at least before I'm home from work and in a position to set them to AI, end their turn, and send their turn back. (Don't know why Ysk's email wasn't working...?)

mkivcs

Ok now we've sorted out the case of the missing pretenders I'll finish up my turn in the next few minutes and submit. By the way I'm to the west of Jason on the almost Island.

Yskonyn

Great show... it actually looks like this is going to work!  :notworthy: :smitten:

JasonPratt

C'tis has been AI'd and sent back, received by Llama no probs.

So we're only lacking Beowulf, who had better hurry as the clock advance is running down!