Anone else now owns all the games you wanted?

Started by Ian C, July 04, 2018, 03:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

During the steam summer sale I realized something: I now own all the games I ever wanted to play.

Literally every notable game I thought was interesting or wanted, I now have. There was very little in the sales I wanted to get and those that sparked curiosity, I refunded after an hour or two's play on them.

Apart from several upcoming titles I'm keeping an eye on, my game collection is now complete. I'm full.

Geezer

Yup, I have all the games I ever wanted too.  Right up until the time I see another game I want.   ;)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

jamus34

I'm not there but I've been beating myself up pretty hard on the games that I do have and don't really have any time put in to them.
Insert witty comment here.

spelk

Quote from: Geezer on July 04, 2018, 05:29:30 AM
Yup, I have all the games I ever wanted too.  Right up until the time I see another game I want.   ;)

Ahhhh my sentiment exactly.

Also, don't explore other niches of gaming, or you will never run out of an endless supply of new things to want to play or experience.

solops

+1
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Pete Dero

Didn't want anything anymore.  Then there is this website where they are talking about this Warlock 2 game with a Renaissance mod and the itch is back   :tickedoff:  :peace: .

SirAndrewD

I still regret not pulling the trigger on Barbie Horse Adventures in '03. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

solops

Quote from: SirAndrewD on July 04, 2018, 02:14:45 PM
I still regret not pulling the trigger on Barbie Horse Adventures in '03.
I got that for my younger daughter. Big mistake. Now I get guilted into helping her with polo expenses.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Sir Slash

I still need that Pug Game on Steam.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

Anyone has the time too play all the games that they own?

Staggerwing

That depends- how many lives do we get at startup?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

I bought tonnes.  I have most installed.  I spend more time staring at my desktop icons going "....meh" than I do playing any of them.  I may have gone full curmudgeon. 

Boggit

That is the ultimate truth! :clap:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat