Cold Waters - 1984 Campaign, first engagement

Started by Barthheart, June 05, 2017, 09:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

And then there's my second target. Torpedo away!

Barthheart

He dies too and I'm out of contacts so we exit the engagement to this... oops! But it does show that you can do other things than strictly following your set mission... #:-)

Barthheart

Back to the strat map where you can save your progress and see your campaign status so far. See that Soviet sub west of Iceland? He's my actual target.....  :-[

JudgeDredd

Looks interesting - but how come your target got so far away? I think I'm wondering how on earth you'd know what your target was meant to be and where you would find it.
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

It got so far away because I have no idea what I'm doing.  :P  :D

See those tiny blue plane symbols? Their our team's maritime search planes and they will make the enemy subs appear on the map as they fly their search patterns. So, because I wasn't moving fast enough when my target first appeared I started moving towards them. But them the search plane also moved away and the target vanished and a new target appeared closer to me so I went for it instead.

Like I said, I think the strat map needs a pause so you can think and plan you own search path before the clock starts running. I'll probably restart the campaign no that I know what to expect... I should also read the manual sections about campaigns and the strat map.... #:-)

jomni

So is the sub hunt mission still on or cancelled?

Barthheart

Barthheart

Quote from: Barthheart on June 05, 2017, 10:19:52 PM
Looking for my next target I "spot" a noise maker so I head that way.

Now, since I've read the manual a bit more, I find out I was wrong about what that symbols was. It's not a noise maker, it's an active sonobouy! I should not have headed that way at all.  #:-)

Sir Slash

Great pics Barth. You're taking me back to all the dumb mistakes I used to make in RSR.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Cyrano

Love it  O0

I enjoyed the developer's other stuff and wondered about this, but just reading through your AAR so far rekindled fond memories of RSR.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

Squee!

.... which, uh, is the sound of one of those ludcirously fast British fish closing on its target.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Dammit Carl!

Can't wait to get back to the world so I can get my (post WW2) sub on with this game.  In the meantime, got SH 3 and 4 to fill the void.

Keep the AARs a-comin'!