MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced

Started by steve58, December 04, 2016, 06:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Steelgrave on January 09, 2019, 09:07:18 AM
If you can't convince Jarhead to pre-order a MechWarrior game, ya got some work to do on your end, folks.   8)

More true words have never been spoken, lol. Really. It wouldn't take much.  :coolsmiley:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

kludger

This does look great but as a MWO legendary founder who spent probably 1000+ hours with MWO and is familiar with the unreliable promises and deliveries of this developer (PGI), color me skeptic on whether the AI will be any good, and whether the beta period will be long enough for them to work out any problems with the AI or missions...

With MWO closed beta, they had really nailed the feel of piloting a mech and it was so fun, but there were clear gameplay balance problems we all reported and they went live anyhow without fixing them and they struggled with delivering balance and features throughout the life of MWO more often focusing on just selling more DLC instead of improving things...

The gameplay trailer looks great, I hope for the best for MW5 and it won't take much for me to bite and dive in, but I've learned not to give them their money until they deliver something good, once they had the money from all of us founders they had no reason to fix anything and launched as soon as possible to get the money from everyone else buying mech pack dlc...

kludger

Quote from: kludger on January 09, 2019, 04:16:54 PM
The gameplay trailer looks great, I hope for the best for MW5 and it won't take much for me to bite and dive in, but I've learned not to give them their money until they deliver something good, once they had the money from all of us founders they had no reason to fix anything and launched as soon as possible to get the money from everyone else buying mech pack dlc...

I have to post a caveat followup and eat a bit of crow, I hadn't played MWO since 2016, but I returned to it to get warmed up for MW5, and I've been having a bunch of fun, and so the caveat is that if you enjoy MWO *and* you are a founder, the preorder of MW5 for $50 also gives you $100 of MWO MC credits, and a preorder of the Marauder II in MWO.

So for me, for how much I've been enjoying MWO the last few weeks and being a founder, the value of the preorder MWO credits was definitely worth it and I have pre-ordered and won't be regretting that even if MW5 lauches in a poor state and then needs modding to fix it, meantime I'm enjoying MWO with a bunch of fun hero mechs I hadn't been able to experience before, and will keep enjoying until they get around to doing PVP for MW5 (MWO2?)

Labbug

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Labbug on July 25, 2019, 03:07:34 PM
https://www.pcgamer.com/mechwarrior-5-mercenaries-is-delayed-will-be-an-epic-games-store-exclusive/

This most likely will not be a buy for me if it is going to be an Epic Games Store exclusive.

Wow. i have to think long and hard about whether I want to refund. This was one of my most eagerly anticipated releases of the year.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

SirAndrewD

Disappointing, but I've already decided to take the Epic Games leap after they announced Outer Worlds would be exclusive.

Epic's got too much money to throw around and continue to buy exclusivity.  They're not going away any time soon.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Huw the Poo

Oh well, off the wishlist and onto the blacklist.

Gusington

I can wait the year or two til it shows up somewhere else besides Epic.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Ugh.. facepalm.

This was easily my most anticipated game of this year, but I havent decided yet wether I want to install yet another client storefront...
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

kludger

I took the refund, I preordered a Steam key not an Epic key...

I don't blame them for taking the Epic money, they're a business after all, but they should've handled it with communication to their fanbase and especially the 20,000 of us who preordered a Steam key, as usual though Russ manages to turn it into a PR dumpster fire lol.

They are letting us keep the MWO bonuses we got for pre-ordering which is nice ($160 of MWO MC for me), here's hoping they take the money and make MW5 into a good game with it and Epic spends some time with them to make the Unreal engine really run well in MW5, sadly though I don't have confidence that they will pull it off due to the poor leadership they've shown throughout MWO's life.

Destraex

So this game seems to be out in early access. Jarhead have you been able to download it yet?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Destraex on November 27, 2019, 09:42:40 PM
So this game seems to be out in early access. Jarhead have you been able to download it yet?

Is it?  I've got the deluxe edition preordered and don't see any way to play it. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Don't have access...When they decided to go Epic exclusive, i requested a refund.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 27, 2019, 10:07:15 PM

Is it?  I've got the deluxe edition preordered and don't see any way to play it.

I saw a youtube video last night  of a guy playing it and saying it was downloadable now. Maybe he was wrong but he was playing it.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"