Looks like Rising Storm moving on to Vietnam

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 20, 2015, 07:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

I have to tell you. I know somebody who I asked a frank question about this game. I know graphics are not everything. But I have been asking whether the RO2 graphics which were dated on RO2's release were better in RS2 Vietnam. The answer is usually that the graphics are improved and the game looks amazing or graphics are not everything. Needless to say I did not see the improvement in the videos but was hoping the gameplay when actually loading it changed that as yet other people suggested. I guess I have been spoiled by Battlefield series.
So one of my steam contacts loads it and I ask him a question. His answer:

ME:Tell me. Do the graphics look as shit as in the screenshots?
ME: Or are they better than ro2?
HIM: ill be honest, there about the same
ME: Yeah as I thought
HIM: i was hoping for some better detail
ME:That's a shame
HIM: but some of the foliage is below par
ME: just needed a graphics update and I could have played it for another 10yrs

I will still probably buy it. But without at least reasonable graphics "I" have to be honest. I don't know how long it will stick.
The gameplay will want to be so amazing.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Nefaro

I'm not really into FPS games anymore.  The very few I consider these days are all about the multi-player gameplay and having large wide-open maps with relevant terrain.

From what I saw in that last video, it looks like much fun to be had and generally more of it than Rising Storm.  I'm fine if the gfx aren't improved that much if it's the same kind of outdoor "tactical shooter" with appropriate Vietnam theme. 

There are very few FPS titles that fit my narrow preferences, and RO2/RS has been one of the closest.  :)  Even if I don't pick it up at release, I'll have it eventually.

Slick Wilhelm

I came to RO2/Rising Storm party very late, only since 2016. But I love it in realistic mode. It's the only FPS I'll play. My son is into Battlefield One, but I find that it plays like a charicature of WWI, rather than being true to WWI.

Destraex

I tried BF1 for a while. But it was of course as expected a complete joke when it came to reflecting ww1.
It's a skin job over a twitch shooter. It's got immersion though, but the WTF moments are many. Mostly when you shoot a guy once with a 7.92 rifle and he does not even flinch but then guns you down with tiny sub rounds. Their is no real fight unless you use special servers that allows rifle and heavy machine gun play without all of the rarer weapons being in the fore.

Nefaro

Quote from: Destraex on March 22, 2017, 07:10:15 PM
I tried BF1 for a while. But it was of course as expected a complete joke when it came to reflecting ww1.

Ugh.. never did like the gamey FPSes.  Like bunny-hopping shooters that require half a mag through center mass to put someone down.  Featuring tiny cramped maps with essentially the same three alleys to run down, respawning in front of the enemy, and other assorted but typical FPS bs. 

I think RO/RS and ARMA are the only FPS series I still get.   :clap:

Nefaro

Oh dayum!

It will also have multi-crew gunships?!  I mean.. I know RO2 had some multi-crew tanks & APCs, but now they're adding helos?

The Cobra looks good.   :coolsmiley:

jomni

Father Ted

Well I succumbed...for less than half the price of a AAA title, I thought I'd take a punt.  Especially since I already know that RO2 is a decent game.

Toonces

Oh yeah, this is a Day 1 buy.  Rising Storm is an absolute blast.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Skoop

Just preordered on instant gaming for 15bucks. 

Grim.Reaper

Remind me again...will this have any single player piece, even if just against bots?

Destraex

I pre ordered as well because it was so darned cheap.

jomni

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 02, 2017, 05:48:51 PM
Remind me again...will this have any single player piece, even if just against bots?

probably based on RO2.

Toonces

The single player with bots is really, really bad in RO2.  You definitely don't want to get this for the single player only, IMO.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Greybriar

Quote from: jomni on May 02, 2017, 06:42:34 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 02, 2017, 05:48:51 PM

probably based on RO2.

From its GamersGate product page: "Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is the sequel to PC Gamer's 2013 'Multiplayer Game of the Year', published by Tripwire Interactive and developed by Antimatter Games, the same team that created the award-winning innovative asymmetric gameplay of the original Rising Storm. For the first time, the authentic gunplay and visceral first-person action of the Red Orchestra series is coming to an era of automatic rifles, man-portable grenade launchers and more modern weapons systems. Rising Storm 2: Vietnam casts players into a brutal, authentic recreation of the Vietnam War...."

You are correct!  ;)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.