Downright pissed off with EA

Started by JudgeDredd, January 12, 2019, 04:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Thanks all. I guess EA unites all  ;D

I hate cheating in gaming. It's been one of the main reasons I quit online gaming so many years ago and the more companies can do about it the better.

However - not giving someone any recourse isn't justified. I need to know what they are basing their ban on so I can deal with the issue. If it's a piece of software completely unrelated too the game and I don't need it, I'd make a decision on whether to remove it or not. If it was something I could identify, I could at least approach them and say "Well, it's this software you're talking about and you need to make sure it's accepted in your cheat algorithm.

Apparently they just took ages to let me know, because the one week ban is over and my daughter was playing during the week.

As for people reporting her, it could've only been because she's piss poor at it. That's what's annoying as well - she's not good online at all, but she just loves it. Completely opposite to me who gets frustrated at attack, dead, attack, dead...she just brushes off and jumps into any type of unit and goes. She doesn't try to master a specific one or anything...she loves the variety and so doesn't give a shit about her score.

I'm totally pissed at this and I'm sorry to say that EA are now on my hit list for saving money.

I'm going to write to them and tell them it's unacceptable to tell someone they've been banned for cheating and then not give the specifics. I'll see what they say.

Actually, I don't care. I don't play online anyway. In the words of a very famous band, If it happens again, I'm a leavin' These company's will eventually dry up and die - hitting them in the pocket is the best way to deal with them.

They won't give me a reason why my account was banned, I won't give them a reason why I'm not buying their products.

Cheers
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

The more frustrating thing is that EA's reaction is the typical corporate reaction we get from so many different companies and governmental entities in our modern society; they are standard protocolized reactions making it very clear you are just a number. A faceless one of many and they give the impression time and again that they just don't care.

Fortunately there have been some small indications that things might be changing. Players voting with their wallet and making a public case of their discontent with how companies go about their business (Blizcon Diablo mess anyone?).
It's a good thing IMO. It looks like smaller independent studios might be consistently having a much more dedicated community. I feel it would be great to downsize on a general level. But that goes for a lot of things these days. :)

But JD, if you do get worked up about it you do best just digressing and take some distance indeed.  O0
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

demjansk1942

I always bring up Radio Shack.  They used to hassle us for bringing things back in the 70's.  They were one of the worst.  I have to say, Amazon is good with returns

demjansk1942

True, but then I will cancel everything and then Bezos will not have the ability to get gifts for his new flame.  Man, that guy was thinking with the wrong head.