Main Menu

Friday in Arms

Started by JudgeDredd, September 08, 2017, 04:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 08, 2017, 04:49:28 AM

I absolutely LOVE this song and this video suits the song well. Stay with it to the end.

Everyone's favourite Dire Straits tune for sure. I had not seen this video. Very nice!

Have you guys seen Moby's "Why Does My Soul Feel So Bad" video using SPR footage. Powerful stuff...

This weekend I will be playing the newly updated FlashPoint Campaigns 2.0.13 Red Storm and Germany Reforged  :smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on September 08, 2017, 07:43:00 AM
Favourite Dire Straits tune!  O0

PBEM DC1: Warsaw to Paris with Jason continues... actually nearing the end and it should be a nail biter... :knuppel2:
PBEM Fire in the Lake.... fumbling through the game so far.... hope it becomes clearer.....  :idiot2:

Got a live on-line VASSAL match of Heroes of North Africa scheduled for tonight. Should be a blast with a few beers.  \m/

Need to try out Cold Waters after the update. and maybe squeeze in some SD44 as well.

Also need to get Heroes of North Africa and LnLT Solo on the table this weekend.

And then there's always yard work. With the front step and walk repaired, now I need to re-level the patio stones outside the garage back door so the water actually flows away from the building.   #:-)

Yes please  :bd:

And then into Fall Gelb! No rest for the weary!  :knuppel2:

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Jarhead0331

My favorite Dire Straits song is Skateaway.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Hofstadter

Ive discovered a way to derank and smurf in the lower ranks in overwatch without getting caught.

Play healer, and queue up with a terrible player (without them knowing what youre doing)

So scummy, so good.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

JasonPratt

Quote from: Barthheart on September 08, 2017, 07:43:00 AM
PBEM Fire in the Lake.... fumbling through the game so far.... hope it becomes clearer.....  :idiot2:

In a related turn of events, Barth would have won the game outright, faster than I thought was even possible, if we were playing full competition instead of full team.

This revelation should not be regarded as disconfirmation of his statement, however.  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Crossroads

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 09, 2017, 07:25:18 AM
My favorite Dire Straits song is Skateaway.

That's one helluva song and album. Dire Straits are the main reason I still keep my vinyl player around, Love Over Gold and Making Movies competing over for the title of the most played LP O0

Destraex

Got a little Rising Storm 2 in. With the Aussies coming I am a little excited.
Even though these days I don't seem to have the accuracy of vision to see the enemy and get killed often.
It's just great atmosphere. It gives me the chills knowing their are people out their that unless I am in a good squad I am just never going to see.
I tend to have my best games as the vietnamese for some reason... because I am not so gung ho with them I guess

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Ended up mucking around with DCS 2 a bit. Not learning just going for a bit of a graphical test.
There don't seem to be any spitfire tutorials yet :P

Hofstadter

Napoleon video FINALLY FRIGGIN DONE.

Posted in the video thread, so check it out if you have 10 minutes to spare.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Jarhead0331

Those pics of the B17 almost made me want to buy the WWII modules. Then I came to my senses.

This weekend was devoted to Destiny 2 and Polaris Sector with a smattering of xcom 2 war of the chosen. Good times.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2017, 06:02:36 AM
Those pics of the B17 almost made me want to buy the WWII modules. Then I came to my senses.

This weekend was devoted to Destiny 2 and Polaris Sector with a smattering of xcom 2 war of the chosen. Good times.

HAHA Jar! B17 has no crew atm and is AI only. So yes. Wise that you did not.