Main Menu

Sword of the Stars

Started by Bison, June 02, 2012, 10:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I started up a new SotS Argos Naval Yard campaign last night, but picked up SotS2 today from Steam for $7.  I don't need SotS2, but couldn't pass it up for that price and it seems to be getting some positive feedback here after months of patching.

Just wanted a thread to talk about both versions of the game, because I was getting confused what was being said through multiple threads.

Currently playing a small two player map.  I'm the humans and have colonized 3 planets so far without running into my mysterious opponent.  If someone can give some insight into how to speed up improving the terriforming of new colonies to get settlers on the planet sooner.  I'm talking SotS 1 here.

mikeck

Can't help with prime, but I know in SotS 2 , all of that requires researching something. Then it opens up. One of the techs (social) will allow for carrying more settlers and increasing terraforming.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Bison

Yeah it's a tech thing I haven't played in a couple of years and don't remember any of the ins and outs of the game.  What I cannot figure out is why I don't have an overlay for the trade cubes or a trade tab.  It would seem odd that a new overlay and tab would depend on a tech research.

mrsachmo

Quote from: Bison on June 02, 2012, 10:10:03 PM
I started up a new SotS Argos Naval Yard campaign last night, but picked up SotS2 today from Steam for $7.  I don't need SotS2, but couldn't pass it up for that price and it seems to be getting some positive feedback here after months of patching.

Just wanted a thread to talk about both versions of the game, because I was getting confused what was being said through multiple threads.

Currently playing a small two player map.  I'm the humans and have colonized 3 planets so far without running into my mysterious opponent.  If someone can give some insight into how to speed up improving the terriforming of new colonies to get settlers on the planet sooner.  I'm talking SotS 1 here.

try to colonize each planet with 5 colony ships per to give the starting phases a big boost. build up infrastructure first, then terraform. There are some techs you can research that will speed up terraforming. try to colonize planets that are not hostile first.

solops

While mucking about looking over the new player patch for SOTS-2 I found this:
http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55778&p=562307#p562307

Apparently, there is a possibility for SoTS-1.5.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Yskonyn

It looks like the OP is from 2016. Never saw it before. :)
Good pointer yet again Solops! :)

Fancy SotS 2 MP some time?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

solops

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 10, 2019, 10:20:32 AM
It looks like the OP is from 2016. Never saw it before. :)
Good pointer yet again Solops! :)

Fancy SotS 2 MP some time?
Yeah, but I don't know when. I have to re-learn the bloody thing while trying to play FOGE, Warhammer2 and maybe Endless Space 2, because all got updated this week. Plus I just bought Dominions 5 because of the great sale....Plus I need to help get Gusington to buy it.....
An embarrassment of riches!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin