Tabletop Wargaming News & Announcements

Started by bayonetbrant, July 29, 2014, 08:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Quote from: Beck TBP on October 23, 2017, 06:27:24 PM
Quote from: bbmike on October 23, 2017, 06:23:23 PM
I might order, but I must be certain that the cat, as well as the children, will eat next month.  ^-^

But as we like to say in the Darwin household, "It's not real money.  It's GAME money!"

(Now, perhaps, you understand why the Cap'n and I are perpetually broke)

Ok, I'm in. But I just hope the cat gets to eat too!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Beck TBP

Quote from: bbmike on October 23, 2017, 06:35:17 PM
Quote from: Beck TBP on October 23, 2017, 06:27:24 PM
Quote from: bbmike on October 23, 2017, 06:23:23 PM
I might order, but I must be certain that the cat, as well as the children, will eat next month.  ^-^

But as we like to say in the Darwin household, "It's not real money.  It's GAME money!"

(Now, perhaps, you understand why the Cap'n and I are perpetually broke)

Ok, I'm in. But I just hope the cat gets to eat too!

Cats like wargames.  Or maybe that's just dogs.  Mambo the Action Dog regularly tries to nibble on TBP games.  I'm sure they're high in fiber.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

mirth

Barthheart

Bison

Quote from: mirth on December 20, 2017, 07:36:24 AM
NWS Online is cutting back on boardgames  :(

https://www.facebook.com/nws.wargaming.store/

I cannot even figure out how to order from him anymore.  It is some crazy ass process on Facebook or something. 

mirth

Quote from: Bison on January 02, 2018, 10:40:02 AM
Quote from: mirth on December 20, 2017, 07:36:24 AM
NWS Online is cutting back on boardgames  :(

https://www.facebook.com/nws.wargaming.store/

I cannot even figure out how to order from him anymore.  It is some crazy ass process on Facebook or something. 

Yep. It's a bit of a mess. Too bad, but I understand it. Sounds like he's big into minis sales now and I'm sure that's much more lucrative for him.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TWaWE

Hello all,

I'm really pleased to announce you here the Kickstarter campaign we created from Headquarter Games to promote our newest game "The World at War: Europe".

The game it's a grand strategic game representing WWII on Europe. Its main characteristics are absence of cardboard counters, easy rules and fast paced game from 1 to 8 hours depending on the scenario. Some learning scenarios and some campaigns for longer games. The game is good for grognards but also for newcomers to wargame hobby.

The strongest concept in the game is focused on the six major countries economies. The large nations cannot just do whatever they want with their units as in many WWII games, they will have a variable number of "actions" based on cardboard chits that they need use to plan offensives, build units, advance their industry or technologies. The combat is not based on CRTs and difficult process with many modifiers, it's solved rolling some dice on each side and comparing results after aplying some modifiers. Then comparing dice one by one to see additional losses.

You have Strategic Warfare, Economy, Diplomacy hidden to the opponent, historical events and much more.

Access to the campaign here

The campaign just started last saturday June 6th and we are over the 60% funded