The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

AchillesLastStand

Green Man Gaming has Civilization 6 on sale for 46$ for VIP members, not sure for how long so get it while its hot.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on September 28, 2016, 09:21:10 PM
I picked up that Middle Earth game, based on the Batman engine, on a dirt cheap sale awhile back.  Still haven't even installed it.   :uglystupid2: 

Coincidentally, that's the Gamersgate sale this weekend: the (few) Tolkien PC games and their (many) expansions. Shadow is worth it, and I enjoyed the hell out of playing it, but despite the abundant fluff I have trouble parsing it in my head as a LotR game.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rayfer

Quote from: Barthheart on September 29, 2016, 12:47:00 PM
That's a steal!

Exactly. But the last thing I need right now is another great new game. We are in a gaming golden age, no doubt about it.

sandman2575

Anyone on the fence can pick up Elite: Dangerous for $20 over at Steam --

http://store.steampowered.com/app/359320/

I have about 120 hrs. logged with E:D now and my admiration / amazement only continues to grow. Especially with Horizons, it's just a fantastic (& deceptively deep) game.

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on September 28, 2016, 05:00:47 PM
It does look good...it would be my first foray into modern Batman games.

You should definitely do it then. The combat is fantastic.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: Greybriar on September 26, 2016, 11:40:40 AM
There's a big Back to School Sale 2016 going on at GOG.com.

Holy crap. DA: Origins Ultimate Edition for $7.99. That's a ton of gaming for 8 bucks.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

^I have read about the Batman games' combat...HOLY CRAP DA: Origins for 8 dollah?? Insane.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Wailing on thugs as Batman is very therapeutic.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I may buy DA:Origins Ultimate just to have all it together. I have the game and add-ons scattered about on various discs.

Gusington

To be honest...and I love the DA games...you-know-what beats it in every way to Sunday.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on September 29, 2016, 07:30:31 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on September 26, 2016, 11:40:40 AM
There's a big Back to School Sale 2016 going on at GOG.com.

Holy crap. DA: Origins Ultimate Edition for $7.99. That's a ton of gaming for 8 bucks.

There are many good games with steep sale prices there.   O0

Silent Disapproval Robot

GMG has Dragon Age: Inquisition for $9.99.

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on September 29, 2016, 08:59:42 PM
To be honest...and I love the DA games...you-know-what beats it in every way to Sunday.

I know... I know...