Why No Love For.....

Started by GDS_Starfury, September 28, 2016, 06:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Drunk History
Dark Matter
Killjoys
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Only so many hours in the day and there's a lot of good shows to watch these days
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

I really enjoyed Killjoys.  Was a lot of fun with a decent amount of backstory / universe slowly revealed

Didn't watch Dark Matter but heard good things about it; might catch up on it some time

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

TV shows? I thought he was bragging about his Love Life again.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 28, 2016, 08:28:17 PM
I really enjoyed Killjoys.  Was a lot of fun with a decent amount of backstory / universe slowly revealed

Didn't watch Dark Matter but heard good things about it; might catch up on it some time

I enjoyed Dark Matter more than Killjoys. 

Haven't started watching season 2 yet since my DVR missed the first couple episodes.  Those bastids at SyFy haven't rerun them since!  At this rate, I'll end up seeing the 2nd season on Netflix before they show the early stuff again.  ::)

GDS_Starfury

has anyone watched the first season of The Expanse.
these are only syfy's return to Sci-fi after all.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 28, 2016, 09:54:47 PM
TV shows? I thought he was bragging about his Love Life again.  :o

That does make more sense.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 28, 2016, 11:08:38 PM

I watched the Expanse. I thought it was quite good. It makes me want to go and read the books just to fill in all the background detail that a tv show wouldn't have time for.

What's the deal with those other shows? If I only had time for one, which should it be?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

I've been watching Dark Matter. It's quite good.

I did watch most of the first season of Killjoys but the premise and characters didn't grab me as much as Dark Matter.

GDS_Starfury

Killjoys is similar to Firefly but with bounty hunters.

Barthheart

Maybe... no where near as much fun as Firefly was...

mirth

Nothing will ever be as fun as Firefly was...

Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 28, 2016, 11:08:38 PM

I tried streaming various episodes I've missed, from the SyFy site, but their streaming video is shit.  Two different browsers and the damn video stutters with both of them.  Despite being buffered so far in, I can see what they ate yesterday.

Sir Slash

I couldn't get into any of the SyFy series enough to follow regularly.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.