Twilight 2000 Play by Forum game

Started by Double Deuce, September 17, 2016, 03:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Deuce

So I was hanging out on some PbP forums and someone posted the idea of running a Twilight 2k game but taking place in eastern Russia/China. The OP suggested playing from a Soviet Character perspective but it kinda petered out. From some of the comments it looks like it was more for political reasons and what's going on in Ukraine but anyway, I found it interesting.

That being said with enough interest, I was thinking about running something short, either using one of the actual T2k Rulesets OR something like GURPS. I do not think Savage Worlds would do it justice (being way less lethal to PCs) although I could be wrong. I think my preference would be for using one of the T2k Rulesets, probably v2.2 as that is the version I have all the books for but iirc, there were some lethality issues with that version too.

Comments, interest?

Nefaro

I enjoyed T:2000 back in the day, and think they generally improved it with 2nd edition.

I've not been in much of a mood for RPG'ing in a mundane setting lately.  But I would be game for a T2K(v2+) pbp game if enough were interested.  Fair amount of equipment to track in it IIRC.

Need to break my pbp and digital RPG'ing cherry in general.  Would like to eventually GM some.

OJsDad

Wow.  I haven't played TW2K in a couple of decades.  I still have rev 1 and several of the expansion books.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Double Deuce

Quote from: Nefaro on September 18, 2016, 06:16:50 PM
I've not been in much of a mood for RPG'ing in a mundane setting lately.  But I would be game for a T2K(v2+) pbp game if enough were interested.  Fair amount of equipment to track in it IIRC.

If we get a few more replies I'll dig my stuff out and see what I can come up with. It would be post WWIII so any heavy equipment and aircraft would be out of the picture. We would be rolling lots of d6 iirc.

Nefaro

Quote from: Double Deuce on September 20, 2016, 12:59:44 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 18, 2016, 06:16:50 PM

If we get a few more replies I'll dig my stuff out and see what I can come up with. It would be post WWIII so any heavy equipment and aircraft would be out of the picture. We would be rolling lots of d6 iirc.

Been a long time since I've seen Twilight 2k, but I thought it used d10s...?

GJK

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Dammit Carl!

Sorry for the late reply: I'd be down, but being on surveying field crews nowadays, I couldn't check in until the late p.m. 

p.s. 1st ed. T2K was the third boxed set game I think I ever bought - coming behind D&D Basic and Mechwarrior in chronology.  Never played it (and Lord knows where it wound up), but looked at it plenty.   

bbmike

I might be in as well. But I have zero Twilight 2000 experience and no materials.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Double Deuce

I will dig through my stuff and see what I have and we can go from there.

Dammit Carl!

Noice!  Sgt. Winchester Wayne Remington III (Texas-by-God Nat'l Guard - Motor T and proud of it) is rarin' to go and bust up some commie heads for payback on this whole, "end of the world," thing.

[hitches up belt, spits to the side and fingers his M-16 A2 proudly]

-and totally not serious about that either-

Double Deuce

Well, I found my stuff, V1.0 boxed set and the 2.0 rules (and pretty much all the 2.0 sourcebooks) BUT I see that 2.2 seems to be different? They keep mentioning d20 mechanic??? Hmmm . . . .

Dammit Carl!

Yeah...there was some supplement that came out for Dark Conspiracy that mentions using a d20 for resolution (I think....?), so I'd guess that that is what they are talking about.

I can dig it out when I get home and verify.

(3 hours later)
Indeed it is an alternate resolution system.  Message me for details.

Double Deuce

I think I replied but its not saved in my sent PM folder. Probably didn't select that option when I replied. If not let me know and I'll reply again.  :uglystupid2:

Dammit Carl!

Double Deuce; did you get the info sent?

Double Deuce

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on October 14, 2016, 06:25:41 AM
Double Deuce; did you get the info sent?
Yeah, I got it thanks. Printed it out but just haven't read through it yet.