Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star ON STEAM!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 11, 2014, 07:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

By "sale" he means 80 to 85% off!

I just completed my DLC collection.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Philippe

I already own all of the Graviteam games that I am likely to want via Gamersgate, but have been too intimidated by the reportedly weird update system to give it a go.

To what extent can you replicate what's available at Gamersgate on Steam?

Does it make sense to buy on Steam if you already own on Gamersgate (it probably does if you don't play the Gamersgate version and the price is right on Steam)?

Is it possible to retrofit part of your Gamersgate Graviteam library to Steam without going through weird contortions?  I know how to unofficially mod a Steam game (it works as long as you don't verify the integrity of the local content of the original game).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Philippe

Just went through this entire thread from the first post and my head is spinning.

My take on it is that even if there is a way to get Gamersgate DLC to work in Steam I probably don't want to know about it.

Sigh.

I guess it's time to do the math and figure out if I can fit the damage into my over-extended game budget.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Toonces

Quote from: Toonces on June 27, 2014, 02:43:22 AM
Alright, here's the deal (doesn't seem that this was completely answered in this thread):

If you buy Graviteam Tactics Op Star on Steam, your DLC's from Gamersgate WILL work with your Steam version.

The Steam version comes pre-patched to the 5.81 core update.

Download all Gamersgate DLC into a folder. 
Unzip all DLCs into a folder.
Install Steam GTOS.
Run GTOS through Steam.
Click "Update"
When the updater comes up, click "install"
Navigate to your folder with all DLC unzipped.
Choose DLC.
Game will self-install DLC.
Click "save and play" and you are good to go.

If you have a working version of GTOS from somewhere else other than Steam, I don't see any value in getting the Steam version.  In my case I simply could not figure out how to get GTOS updated to 5.81, and yes, I followed the instructions.  Therefore, my DLCs wouldn't install. 

It was worth the $7.50 to get it all patched up on Steam and then install my GG DLCs that way...but if you can figure out the patch process for another version then getting the Steam version is up to you.

:(

There you go.  I sort of remember this painful process...it was a while ago.  But the Steam version of GTOS is fully patched.  You can install GamersGate DLC's into your Steam GTOS pretty easily.  That's about as much as I know about the whole thing, though.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Installing the core game patch was actually the easiest part about the process.  Just a simple exe.

It's the add-ons which required the extra steps before.

Krabb

The rest of DLCs are on steam, too. Krasnaya Polyana and Hi-Res Textures were just released there.

sandman2575

Mius Front soon ??    :D

"If the little Ukrainian bird that warbled in my ear earlier this week is to be believed, then Graviteam – another studio that understands the value of a good dynamic campaign – are finally nearing the Mius Front finish line. My feathered confidant told me that the game that is in effect Graviteam Tactics/Achtung Panzer 2 is presently in 'Steam testing'. Splendid!"

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/23/the-flare-path-dreadnoughts-and-droid-thoughts/#more-264933

Krabb

This was some misunderstanding from google-translation probably. Mius isn't in "steam testing", it just began transitioning into test phase.

sandman2575

Thanks for the clarification -- can you provide anything more specific than 'test phase' -- does that mean it's going into Beta -- or well past that point by now?

JasonPratt

Just to clarify, I don't regard buying DLC as being against my resolution to (mostly) avoid buying new games this year.  :smitten: :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Krabb

Quote from: sandman2575 on January 24, 2015, 08:51:49 AM
Thanks for the clarification -- can you provide anything more specific than 'test phase' -- does that mean it's going into Beta -- or well past that point by now?
Well, there is no clear line for this. New features are being added as historical documents are being researched. So, I'd call this something in between alpha and beta.

sandman2575

Thanks Krabb -- it's been pretty difficult to get a handle on where Mius is in development -- and when it might actually release...  Not sure why Andrey and co. feel the need to be quite so tight-lipped about all this.  But Mius is definitely at the very top of games I'm looking forward to this year (...assuming this is the year).

Gusington

How is the tutorial for Operation Star? I am finally ready to jump in this weekend. Futzed around with it a bit this week.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

It's....garbled.  How's your Ukringlish?

Be sure to go to the Operation Star community page on Steam and read through the gameplay guide someone put together there.  Lots of good info in it.  Post any questions you've got and I'm sure someone here can help out.