Black Panther, meh.

Started by Centurion40, February 16, 2018, 10:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

How many end scenes are there Mirth?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 24, 2018, 11:48:11 PM
How many end scenes are there Mirth?

Two. One mid-credits and one post-credits.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Just saw it, I liked it well enough. The chase through Seoul was The Money.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on February 25, 2018, 06:45:47 PM
Just saw it, I liked it well enough. The chase through Seoul was The Money.

+1
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

It was, but I still had to roll my eyes just a tad because they had to shoehorn an Asian location into the film.

mirth

Yeah, because the Bond films never shoehorn in locations.

BanzaiCat

I had much less of a problem with it than I did with say in the Transformers movies.

It coulda been China, I guess. South Korea makes as much sense as anywhere else, but you know they did that on purpose to pad their numbers there. Or maybe not, what do I know.

mirth

Turns out the audience for these things is not just North America.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I was wondering why every Marvel movie needs a scene in London.

mirth

I like Martin Freeman, but it might have been better if Everett Ross was a hot Asian chick.

JasonPratt

One of the more interesting subplots of the comics, is that Freeman's character (whose name I can't recall) ends up romantically involved with Shuri, the sassy younger sister of BP, who also (albeit temporarily) takes on the BP mantle.

The MCU usually likes to play the long game (though I think they fumbled in several ways with BP, but I appreciate the fumbles are based in fidelity to the classic roots of the character and his story -- e.g. he really shouldn't have been BP yet in Civil War). So I'm not going to be surprised if they're setting up for this down the road!

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

JasonPratt

Sadly, this fellow is not wrong about the weaknesses of the film. Weaknesses which, again I'm trying to be fair, derive almost entirely from hewing too faithfully to the source material (except when it doesn't on occasion which also generates plot friction between the concepts).

I still enjoyed the spectacle. I just had to quickly stop thinking about the movie, at all.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!