Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Annihilation
« Last post by Huw the Poo on Today at 02:14:53 AM »
I guess I'm sold, it looks different enough to be worth a watch.  I won't use up a precious cinema visit for it though.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Stellaris
« Last post by Huw the Poo on Today at 01:57:12 AM »
The pirates have not been a problem for me, considering you can build up to six defense platforms at each outpost.  So far they have been sufficient to either destroy each pirate fleet, or at least occupy them for long enough for my own fleet to arrive and smash them into atoms.

This is a slow game, there's no doubt about it.  I have a very modest empire, I don't even have any sectors yet, and it still takes forever for my ships to cross it.  I don't consider that good or bad though - it's largely subjective really, isn't it?

I think I do like the way expansion now works.  Before, it was very expensive to expand - you had to either colonise new worlds or place outposts at enormous influence cost if I recall correctly.  Now, I can expand as quickly as I can scout and worry about colonising later.  Of course, that means the other empires can do this too...
Current Events / Re: School shooting in Florida
« Last post by MikeGER on Today at 01:53:56 AM »
Doesn't being in a building negate a lot of the advantages that an AR-15 has over a pistol. 

depend on the building in question
... if it has long halls, a big atrium, wide open stair cases and areas of approach with no cover its bad, and the rifle may have some aiming stuff mounted in addition.

it also depends on the opponent.
i would not like to go against a battle hardend Iraq/Stan vet, who had seen it all... in opposition to a student who just got the rifle (in case of Germany from that obscure Darknet) and all his falls 'tactical' knowledge from Call of Duty, some paintball and a little softair play... difference between cover and concealment is a treachery bitch in RL

Computer Wargaming / Steam Mover
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 01:12:42 AM »
For anyone with limited space on an SSD who might want to move programs on and off it, there's a program called SteamMover.

It allows you to move Steam games from your SSD to another drive or vice versa...so when you no longer fire up that game that's using a shed load of space on your SSD, you can move it off easily and move that other Steam game that's now your favourite onto your SSD.
Welcome Aboard! / Re: Howdy!
« Last post by MikeGER on Today at 12:59:15 AM »
Wellcome Pruitt :)

the more Grogs the merrier  O0
Are we getting ready for this?
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Black Panther, meh.
« Last post by mirth on Today at 12:02:56 AM »
How many end scenes are there Mirth?

Two. One mid-credits and one post-credits.
Computer Wargaming / Re: HA! I finished it!
« Last post by MetalDog on Yesterday at 10:37:09 PM »
Congrats on the win!  I just heard about a new mod called Caveman to Cosmos.  JH was fiddling around with it the other night and I am waiting for a report back on how he liked it.
This one is fraught with peril for me.  Tom Sawyer is Tom Sawyer, but, I tired of it long ago.  And Pete is one of my all timers and this is the song I first really dug by him.  Decisions...decisions....

The 1/6

To the surprise of noone, it comes down to Pearl Jam and Nirvana.   And isn't that what the 90s were all about?

The 1/2

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10