Warhammer II: Total War - Gotrek & Felix

Started by Martok, September 13, 2019, 03:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

I haven't bothered installing WH2 since I got my new rig a couple months ago, but this might nudge me into doing so! 

FAQ can be found here.  Gotrek & Felix are available exclusively via September's print issue of White Dwarf magazine, and then it will be available to the general public for free on Oct. 17 through Total War Access. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

QuoteGotrek Gurnisson is one of the legendary Dwarf Slayers, those brooding, taciturn, yet deadly...

...um, I say this as someone who habitually thinks "laconic" means laid back and low-key, not taciturn.

But they both mean "doesn't talk a lot and doesn't raise their voice".

So, not the best description for a character played by BRIAN BLESSED!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 13, 2019, 03:51:27 PM
QuoteGotrek Gurnisson is one of the legendary Dwarf Slayers, those brooding, taciturn, yet deadly...

...um, I say this as someone who habitually thinks "laconic" means laid back and low-key, not taciturn.

But they both mean "doesn't talk a lot and doesn't raise their voice".

So, not the best description for a character played by BRIAN BLESSED!

Laconic doesn't refer to someone as being quite, just not very talkative and having a preference for short concise sentences.
Or it means someone who is a Spartan :P

JasonPratt

"Or".  >:D

(The classic example is the Spartan reply to Philip of Macedon's threat of what he'd do to them if he invades them: "If".)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

CJReich46

Quote from: Martok on September 13, 2019, 03:00:15 PM
I haven't bothered installing WH2 since I got my new rig a couple months ago, but this might nudge me into doing so! 

FAQ can be found here.  Gotrek & Felix are available exclusively via September's print issue of White Dwarf magazine, and then it will be available to the general public for free on Oct. 17 through Total War Access.

CHESWICK! FRESH HORSES!  Couldn't resist that Blackadder riff.   ^-^
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Martok

Huh.  Apparently Blessed already voiced Gotrek last year in the audio-book Realmslayer.  Given that, combined with him having done voicework for the TW series previously, I suppose it was inevitable that he ended up voicing Gotrek yet again. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces