Polaris Sector - another new space 4x

Started by RedArgo, November 02, 2015, 04:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

Not sure about that. I can tell you that the 3.5 gig download unpacks into 5.39 gigs in 176,421 files in 599 folders...

Which makes the mod bigger than the game.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

goldsboro

New patch is released as beta. It allows fleet naming  :)

Steelgrave

Quote from: goldsboro on August 04, 2016, 08:14:49 AM
New patch is released as beta. It allows fleet naming  :)

I love little touches like that  :smitten:

solops

I saw word of the new DLC. Fleet planner, rally points, new race, automatic fighter replenishment. Some of this might be part of a patch. Oh, and the 1.05 patch is out.

Tuna

This game take awhile to get going? I played for a few hours today.. didn't seem to get to where I could build much yet.

Barthheart

Quote from: Tuna on August 31, 2016, 06:49:13 PM
This game take awhile to get going? I played for a few hours today.. didn't seem to get to where I could build much yet.

Yes. It's a bit of a slow start. Keep at it and it gets interesting real fast. Just gotta learn to enjoy the epicness of the time scale to build and travel.

sandman2575

Maybe I'm losing my mind but -- aren't you supposed to begin with a scout ship?  Did this change with 1.05 patch?

I've tried starting a few new games -- playing as humans -- and I begin with a homeworld but no ships at all -- ??

Barthheart

Quote from: sandman2575 on August 31, 2016, 07:48:43 PM
Maybe I'm losing my mind but -- aren't you supposed to begin with a scout ship?  Did this change with 1.05 patch?

I've tried starting a few new games -- playing as humans -- and I begin with a homeworld but no ships at all -- ??

???  I just started a 1.05 game this week and had the normal scout to start....

sandman2575

Ugh this was driving me crazy.

Tried complete reinstall, verify game cache, etc. etc.

Turns out, that if you start a game on "challenging" not "normal" difficulty, you don't get a starting scout !  I tried starting new games on "normal" and voila, there's the scout.

::)

sandman2575

Even odder -- if you start on "Hard" difficulty, you start with a Corvette and fighter squadron  (...?)

So:  Easy difficulty:  1 scout to start
       Normal: 1 scout
       Challenging:  *0* ships to start
       Hard:  1 Corvette + 1 fighter squadron

That seems really weird to me...  anyone else seeing this?

Tuna

Here's a question.. I built a fueler because my corvette didnt' have enough range.. So I got close enough to the base I was heading for to get the corvette only to the destination. Then I built another fueler and merged it with the empty one which was empty one sector away. But it doesn't seem to be refueling the empty ship.. Nothing I can do there to get it to refuel?

EDIT:
lol.. so I un merge them and I see a refuel button! Only thing is, it empties the other ship!

Barthheart

Yeah you need to put a stellar sucker, or whatever it's called, on your tankers so they can refill themselves.
There is a setting that will let you leave a minimum amount on the tanker.

goldsboro

Quote from: Tuna on August 31, 2016, 08:29:01 PM
lol.. so I un merge them and I see a refuel button! Only thing is, it empties the other ship!

You can set the fuel reserve that a tanker leaves for himself - it's a small button next to the "reserve" field.

Tuna

Quote from: goldsboro on September 01, 2016, 04:47:56 AM
Quote from: Tuna on August 31, 2016, 08:29:01 PM

You can set the fuel reserve that a tanker leaves for himself - it's a small button next to the "reserve" field.

Thanks guys!