Polaris Sector - another new space 4x

Started by RedArgo, November 02, 2015, 04:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

You know...bum. Keep up with the puns!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

FarAway Sooner

Freyland

No, you were being cheeky and I was being oblivious. (See what I did there?)

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bobarossa

I don't mean to butt in, but I'd like to get in on the rear end of this conversation. 

And I hate to bring this back on topic but would someone post the change log for the patch.  I don't have steam and I'd like to know what they fixed about refueling.

Freyland

Quote from: bobarossa on May 21, 2016, 09:07:37 AM
I don't mean to butt in, but I'd like to get in on the rear end of this conversation. 
Um, that sounds terribly violating, actually.   :o

Freyland

Changelog:

• Vast modding API improvement
• Heroes backend is now fully functional
• New types of space object types in additional to planets (asteroid belts, for example) that can be colonized and developed
• Destruction of planets
• Weapon type that can fire capital ships only (ex. SW Death Star weapon)
• Customizable look for missiles
• Satellites and stations can now have fuel cells and refuelling stations to act as a refuel and repair bases far from colonized planets
• Separated fuel reserve from travel range, meaning that a ship or station without engines (and thus no travel range) can still has a fuel reserve
• Added the possibility for tankers to reserve some fuel for themselves
• Possibility to use several mods simultaneously
• AI tweaks both in combat and on strategic map
• Fixed the exploit that allowed to destroy factories after building orbital factories
• Fixed the Military Training Center
• Fixed CellsEditor starting incorrectly the new ship body without cells

solops

The new patch is out!

1.04b – June 1st, 2016
 Vast modding API improvement
 Heroes backend is now fully functional
 New types of space object types in additional to planets (asteroid belts, for example) that
can be colonized and developed
 Destruction of planets
 Weapon type that can fire capital ships only (ex. SW Death Star weapon)
 Customizable look for missiles
 Satellites and stations can now have fuel cells and refuelling stations to act as a refuel and
repair bases far from colonized planets
 Separated fuel reserve from travel range, meaning that a ship or station without engines
(and thus no travel range) can still has a fuel reserve
 Added the possibility for tankers to reserve some fuel for themselves
 Possibility to use several mods simultaneously
 AI tweaks both in combat and on strategic map
 Fixed the exploit that allowed to destroy factories after building orbital factories
 Fixed the Military Training Center
 Fixed CellsEditor starting incorrectly the new ship body without cells
 Removed orbital production requirement from Fuel Cells for Satellites
 Changed "Use Right Click to give orders in battle" to a default setting.
 Added possibility to cancel upgrade of a ship at any time
 Improved algorithm for troops transports taking ground units from planets for automatic
invasion – it ensures planet will not have unrest started because of this
 Fixed some bugs in happiness calculation, especially for exhaustive work
 Fixed auto-colonization not working in several cases
 Fixed tribute for pirates after invasion of a pirates planet
 Fixed a bug with right-clicking mot always working when changing route of a moving fleet
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

jamus34

The AI fuel cheat issue still holds me back from jumping into this. If you end up getting into an early war you get torn apart unless you have an undue amount of resources diverted to system defense.
Insert witty comment here.

mikeck

I hate the cheat, but it can be handled by manning choke points with ships and placing detectors and bases on choke point planets. Shouldn't have to...and it isn't 100%, but it helps
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jamus34

Quote from: mikeck on June 07, 2016, 09:51:15 AM
I hate the cheat, but it can be handled by manning choke points with ships and placing detectors and bases on choke point planets. Shouldn't have to...and it isn't 100%, but it helps

I would need to see AI ship development to really know how far the cheat goes. My main fear is that since they do not need to be concerned about fuel they will not add fuel storage to ships. That fees up a ton of space for other components. I would say typically my ships would be made up to about 80% total space in reactors and fuel storage.

Again my issue is how far and how much does this cheat affect.
Insert witty comment here.

Steelgrave

Is the patch backwards-compatible by any chance?

Wolfe1759

I know I'm childish but this still makes me grin

"Heroes backend is now fully functional"  :D
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Freyland

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on June 07, 2016, 05:21:19 PM
I know I'm childish but this still makes me grin

"Heroes backend is now fully functional"  :D

Please see previous page and it's associated descent into punnery. Of course, that was just "beta" humor.